How to pass NULL params in RFX for CRecordset in SQL Server/ODBC
Author Message
 How to pass NULL params in RFX for CRecordset in SQL Server/ODBC

This one has been driving me nuts -- I've been working on creating a generic
CRecordset for my class which will dynamically handle RFX stuff for output
fields and params to and from a SQL Server stored procedure.  But I can't
seem to pass NULL to my procs, either just trying to use a string that =
"NULL" or CRecordset::SetParamNull.  I have to have an RFX something in
DoDataExchange, but how do you do a NULL to RFX_Text?

I may just go back to the "old fashioned" ODBC API I used to do and bag
CRecordset & MFC for database work...  :-(

Carl Christensen
LyraSoft, Inc.  Philadelphia, PA USA

Sun, 05 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to pass NULL params in RFX for CRecordset in SQL Server/ODBC

2. Error updating SQL-Server record via ODBC (CRecordset)

3. Need ID of a record added to SQL-Server using MFC/ODBC/CRecordset

4. Problem updating SQL Server through ODBC/CRecordset

5. CRecordset and stored procedures with params that default to NULL

6. SQL Server with CDatabase/CRecordset and server cursors

7. CRecordset and SQL Server Linked Server View

8. Trailing nulls removed when retrieving SQL varbinary data through MFC/ODBC

9. Detecting SQL NULL values from ODBC

10. MFC CRecordset/SQL/DISTINCT/ODBC

11. row level locking under VC++/MFC/CRecordset and ODBC with SQL 7.0

12. (null) errors returned by Sql Server