Linked tables in Access
Author Message
 Linked tables in Access

There was a thread a few days ago that suggested a database should be
split up into several .MDBs because of performance reasons. Actually,
each .MDB should contain only a couple of tables. There should be one
"master" .MDB which should contain its own tables and links to all
other tables.

Now, my problem is that Access puts absolute paths in the "master"
.MDB to all other .MDBs. I would prefer relative paths as I keep all
.MDBs in single directory. If I copy them to alternative location,
none of the linked tables work because absolute paths are no longer
valid. Is there any workaround for this? The obvious solution is to do
the programmatic linking of the tables when all files are copied to
their destination but this seems a little bit clumsy. (if it's the
first time that the application is running, do the linking, else do
nothing).

Any thoughts?

--
Alex.
My reply address is altered. Remove STOPSPAM.

Thu, 07 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Strange ODBC errors using DAO to access linked tables in Access .MDB

2. Problems with linked tables in Access through ODBC

3. Creating a table from VC++ using stored in Access import/export table specification

4. Accessing description of Access Table through DAO

5. Error accessing access table

6. Error accessing access table

7. Linking external tables and read permissions

8. Opening a DAO RecordSet to a Linked Table

9. How do I link to MSysQueries table?

10. Executing queries with a linked table????

11. CDaoTableDef::GetFieldCount() on linked tables in MSAccess

12. How to link a table to another form?