general implementation question
Author Message
 general implementation question

Is it possible to add database components to a project
that is initially set up as "Dialog based"? I don't need
a "view" window, but when after I created a dialog based
project and then added the classes based on CRecordSet to
query a database, I got compiler errors in all the
resource files for them that indicated the CRecordSet base
class was undefined. Is doing it this way a NO-NO? What do
I have to add/configure for it to find the base class?

Thanks for any insight!
Stephanie

Mon, 11 Oct 2004 22:47:45 GMT
 general implementation question
Stephanie,

I think you may be experiencing a well know phenomenon know as "Wizard
Withdrawal" :)

Try adding <afxdb.h> to the stdafx.h file, and rebuild all.

I hope this helps.

all the best,
Roy Fine

Quote:
> Is it possible to add database components to a project
> that is initially set up as "Dialog based"? I don't need
> a "view" window, but when after I created a dialog based
> project and then added the classes based on CRecordSet to
> query a database, I got compiler errors in all the
> resource files for them that indicated the CRecordSet base
> class was undefined. Is doing it this way a NO-NO? What do
> I have to add/configure for it to find the base class?

> Thanks for any insight!
> Stephanie

Mon, 11 Oct 2004 23:58:18 GMT

1. exception with ImageList - a general question

2. General C++ questions from a VB noob

3. General Package Design Question

4. general question about debuggers

5. Adjacency Matrix & General Questions

6. General Question about memory allocation

7. General question about stacks

8. general question about the behavour of realloc

9. General C# Managed Code Question

10. General Package Design Question

11. general language question (newbie)

12. general programing question