Can't register DAO350.DLL -- WHY???
Author Message
 Can't register DAO350.DLL -- WHY???

After doing a quick DejaNews search, I discovered that there are others
having this problem, but apparently no one has an answer.

On some freshly installed Windows95 machines, DAO350.DLL will not
autoregister. WHY? Microsoft? Anyone?

We're still testing this, but it appears that if you register DAO3032.DLL
before you register DAO350.DLL, it will register correctly.

Please answer this!

Thanks very much.

 Peter Provost - Silver State Software Co.
  http://www.*-*-*.com/

 My return address is intentionally invalid to foil
 spammers. Please remove the .--- to get my real address.

 JUNK EMAIL IS ILLEGAL. DON'T SEND ME ANY!

Tue, 21 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Can't register DAO350.DLL -- WHY???

Hi,
You need to have the newer version of the OLEAUT32.DLL installed and
registered in your system directory.  The DAOSDK documentation talks about
this.  You can get the OLEAUT32.DLL off of the VC++ CD.
--dan

Quote:
> After doing a quick DejaNews search, I discovered that there are others
> having this problem, but apparently no one has an answer.

> On some freshly installed Windows95 machines, DAO350.DLL will not
> autoregister. WHY? Microsoft? Anyone?

> We're still testing this, but it appears that if you register DAO3032.DLL
> before you register DAO350.DLL, it will register correctly.

> Please answer this!

> Thanks very much.

> --
>  Peter Provost - Silver State Software Co.
>  http://www.provost.org/peter

>  My return address is intentionally invalid to foil
>  spammers. Please remove the .--- to get my real address.

>  JUNK EMAIL IS ILLEGAL. DON'T SEND ME ANY!

Fri, 24 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. why dll can't be registered

2. DAO350.dll and DDAO35.dll

3. mfc dll doesn't register (I'm new at this)

4. mfc dll can't self-register (I'm new at this)

5. Why isn't one interface registered?

6. Bug in DAO350.dll?

7. Bug in DAO350.dll (repost)

8. why Can\'t create COM Instance After registering COM Server Successfully

9. Can't register DLL directly into COM+ services

10. Can't register DLL

11. COM dll builds but doesn't register

12. Custom Build doesn't register ATL DLL