ADO or Flat File Database
Author Message
 ADO or Flat File Database

Hi  all,
My query is--

I am dealing with heavy data around 1,00,000 Records having 20 fields which
i want to persist for security purpose.
so i need suggestion about how to access and manipulate the data
whether i should opt for --
1) ADO
2) Flat File database
From Flat File Database I want to say that whether I should design my own
database
and write my own queries
But here problem occurs of persisiting data and displaying data in grid
control.

Thanks
Saurabh Aggarwal
Netsity Systems (P) Ltd.

Sun, 22 Aug 2004 13:35:09 GMT
 ADO or Flat File Database
Hi Saurabh,

We can use ADO to access database. However, you may need a backend database
like SQL Server or Access.

We have DataGrid and ADO Data Control to assist in such situations. Check
if they help:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vbco...
l/vbconcreatingsimpledatabaseapplicationwithdatagridadodatacontrol.asp

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vcco...
ML/vcrefusingadodatabindinginvisualc.asp

Regards,

Bill Cheng
Microsoft Support Engineer

Tue, 24 Aug 2004 01:31:18 GMT

1. flat file database

2. flat file database functions

3. flat file database in C

4. FLAT file database support in C

5. ADO.NET and storing files in access database

6. Wanted: Simple/small flat database engine for VC++ app

7. D-Flat / D-Flat++

8. Indexing Flat Ascii Files

9. data transfer from flat file

10. flat file reading

11. read in a flat file and write in a message queue

12. Flat ASCII File Data Access