Problem inserting data in SQL database
Author Message
 Problem inserting data in SQL database

In a recent project I need to insert close to 100,000 records in a
database table. The problem here is not inserting but really the amount
of time it take to do that, at the moment I can do 400 rows per second
(2 CString fields, 3 double and 2 time fields). This might seem pretty
good, but for 100,000 records it terrible, can some one please help me
with this speed issue. I am using ADO.

Sun, 05 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem inserting data in SQL database

Maybe you can improve speed bu defining a sequence for the table and using
the CACHE parameter.
By default Oracle databases cache 20 sequence numbers that are used for
inserting records, if you change this value aybe you can get better speeds !

--
Delio Emanuel Chang de Almeida

DEI - Department of Computer Science
University of Coimbra, Portugal

Critical Software SA
R. Pedro Nunes, IPN, 3030-199 Coimbra, Portugal
Tel: +351.239.700945  - Fax: +351.239.700905

Quote:
> In a recent project I need to insert close to 100,000 records in a
> database table. The problem here is not inserting but really the amount
> of time it take to do that, at the moment I can do 400 rows per second
> (2 CString fields, 3 double and 2 time fields). This might seem pretty
> good, but for 100,000 records it terrible, can some one please help me
> with this speed issue. I am using ADO.

Mon, 13 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using sql to insert data into Access database

2. Insert data into Access database using sql

3. Database SQL INSERT

4. Inserting Muliple Records into SQL-SERVER Database

5. Inserting in to a SQL Server Database

6. Trying to insert data into SQL Server

7. Inserting Binary data into SQL Server

8. Inserting data into image Database field

9. ADO/ATL/Jet 4.0 Provider problems with INSERT-sql

10. problem in insert the SQL query in batch.

11. access database insert problem

12. newbie: access database insert problem