How to create an ODBC DSN programatically ?
Author Message
 How to create an ODBC DSN programatically ?

Hi all,

I would like to know how to create ODBC DSN programatically? Can I do it
using some MFC classes or Can I do it using ATL?

Please help.

Thanks
Anand G

Sun, 15 Aug 2004 15:08:48 GMT
 How to create an ODBC DSN programatically ?
Hi all,

I would like to know how to create ODBC DSN programatically? Can I do it
using some MFC classes or Can I do it using ATL?

Please help.

Thanks
Anand G

Sun, 15 Aug 2004 15:07:49 GMT
 How to create an ODBC DSN programatically ?
Hi all,

I would like to know how to create ODBC DSN programatically? Can I do it
using some MFC classes or Can I do it using ATL?

Please help.

Thanks
Anand G

Sun, 15 Aug 2004 15:08:56 GMT
 How to create an ODBC DSN programatically ?

Quote:

> Hi all,

> I would like to know how to create ODBC DSN programatically? Can I do it
> using some MFC classes or Can I do it using ATL?

> Please help.

> Thanks
> Anand G

Call SQLConfigDatasource

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

Sun, 15 Aug 2004 20:42:54 GMT
 How to create an ODBC DSN programatically ?
Hi Anand,

There was a thread called "How to create a system DSN in Visual C++"
discussing this.

In addition, you can search for "SQLConfigureDataSource" on MSDN library.
You can find more specific samples:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/odbc...
bcsqlconfigdatasource.asp

For SQL Server
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/odbc...
odbc_c_99yd.asp

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Bill Cheng
Microsoft Support Engineer

Mon, 16 Aug 2004 16:47:11 GMT
 How to create an ODBC DSN programatically ?
Hi all,

Thanks a lot for the help.

regards
Anand

Quote:
> Hi Anand,

> There was a thread called "How to create a system DSN in Visual C++"
> discussing this.

> In addition, you can search for "SQLConfigureDataSource" on MSDN library.
> You can find more specific samples:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/odbc...
Quote:
> bcsqlconfigdatasource.asp

> For SQL Server

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/odbc...
Quote:
> odbc_c_99yd.asp

> Hope it helps.

rights.

> Regards,

> Bill Cheng
> Microsoft Support Engineer

Sat, 21 Aug 2004 06:35:13 GMT

1. Create DSN to Oracle ODBC Driver Programatically- HOW?

2. Programatically Creating System DSN's

3. ODBC question - creating DSN directly from app

4. How Do I add DSN programatically (non-MFC)?

5. User DSN vs Sys DSN vs File DSN.

6. how to register new DSN in ODBC Adminstrator ( using C# )

7. file DSN with ODBC-Admin?

8. I wish to add a DSN to my 32-bit ODBC List Programmatically

9. Connecting to an MDB file thru ODBC *without* using DSN

10. ODBC SYSTEM DSN

11. SQL server 2000 , a bug related to ODBC DSN ADO related

12. CDatabase Can't Open System DSN with ODBC 3.0 SDK