Excel: Symbols in Column Header
Author Message
 Excel: Symbols in Column Header

An excel file has the period symbol in the column name, like "Abr.".  I
tried to read the excel data with ADO.  Seems like the period is considered
as invalid symbol in column.  The error message I got is:

"Error number: 80004005:  " is not a valid name.  Make sure that it does not
include invalid characters or punctuation and that it is not too long..."

Does anyone have idea of how to solve the problem?

Tommy

Fri, 29 Jul 2005 23:30:53 GMT
 Excel: Symbols in Column Header

--------------------

Quote:

>Subject: Excel: Symbols in Column Header
>Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 10:30:53 -0500

>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.data.ado,microsoft.public.vc.database

microsoft.public.data.ado:56714

Quote:

>An excel file has the period symbol in the column name, like "Abr.".  I
>tried to read the excel data with ADO.  Seems like the period is considered
>as invalid symbol in column.  The error message I got is:

>"Error number: 80004005:  " is not a valid name.  Make sure that it does
not
>include invalid characters or punctuation and that it is not too long..."

>Does anyone have idea of how to solve the problem?

>Tommy

How do you reference the column? Have you tried to use the bang(!) instead
of quotes("")? If this still doesn't work, then you can try to use the
ordinal position to locate the object in collection.

Thanks.

--
Ying Wang, Visual C++ Team

Tue, 02 Aug 2005 03:25:20 GMT

1. Excel: Symbols in Header

2. How to get the clicked column number or column header text in CListctl(report view)

3. Freeze Datagrid column like Ms Excel

4. adding columns to excel with dao & vc++

5. Changing Column size of Excel

6. adding columns to excel with dao & vc++

7. Access entire column of Excel file

8. Column Header Click Event? (DataGrid)

9. Column headers

10. datagrid column header text alignment

11. get the names of the columns in my datagrid header (windows forms)

12. Help:"Apex DBGrid Header Column informations"