DAO problems using windows XP and access 2000
Author Message
 DAO problems using windows XP and access 2000

I had a VC project which I orinally wrote in NT which used DAO and office 98
(access 98).
I am now trying to do some further developement on this project but on
windows XP home and office 2000 premium (access 2000) and am running into
some problems.
If I run the project using the old mdb file it works fine. But if I open the
mdb in access it prompts to convert it (from the old format to the new
access format presumably). I do this conversion and then try and run my VC
project using the new converted mdb and it crashes.
I suspect this has something to do with the different versions of Jet so I
installed the DAOSDK from the VC disks but this did not solve my problem.
I have been through this exact same problem when using windows 2000 and
office xp and installing the daosdk solved the problem there, so now I am
stumped.
Can anyone help?
SP

To reply directly to my email, remove the underscore character

Thu, 20 May 2004 04:42:54 GMT
 DAO problems using windows XP and access 2000
Thanks, this sounds exactly like it will sort out my problems.
SP

Quote:
> MS has a KB article that might help you out:

> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q236/9/91.ASP

> Paul

> >I had a VC project which I orinally wrote in NT which used DAO and office
98
> >(access 98).
> >I am now trying to do some further developement on this project but on
> >windows XP home and office 2000 premium (access 2000) and am running into
> >some problems.
> >If I run the project using the old mdb file it works fine. But if I open
the
> >mdb in access it prompts to convert it (from the old format to the new
> >access format presumably). I do this conversion and then try and run my
VC
> >project using the new converted mdb and it crashes.
> >I suspect this has something to do with the different versions of Jet so
> >installed the DAOSDK from the VC disks but this did not solve my problem.
> >I have been through this exact same problem when using windows 2000 and
> >office xp and installing the daosdk solved the problem there, so now I am
> >stumped.
> >Can anyone help?
> >SP

> >To reply directly to my email, remove the underscore character

> ----
> Paul Hurley
> Caliban Computing
> http://www.Caliban.com/
> Spam resistant return email address.

Fri, 21 May 2004 17:33:32 GMT

1. Problem accessing Access 2000 database using DAO. - URGENT

2. Ann: Live Chat on VenturCom Boot-NIC - Windows 2000/XP/XP Embedded Diskless Network Boot

3. How to read Access 2000/2002 DB using VC++ 6 and DAO

4. version 6 of MS VC++ and Access 2000 using dao

5. Solutions for using DAO on Access 2000 (Y2K)

6. version 6 of MS VC++ and Access 2000 using dao

7. Using DAO to access 2000

8. Windows 2000 and previous project using DAO???

9. Problem with DAO direct calls and Access 2000 databases

10. DAO & ACCESS 2000 database problem

11. Accessing Access 2000 via DAO

12. how to use DAO to access ACCESS 2000