CRecorset problem
Author Message
 CRecorset problem

Hi,

I have a problem using the next member functions:
            Move()
            MoveFirst()
            MoveLast()
            MovePrev()
The only one that runs without problems is MoveNext(), the others show
the next exception:

    " Driver not capable "

Hier is the code that I use to create the CRecordset:

recordSet = new CRecordset(pDatabase); recordSet->Open(
CRecordset::snapshot,       theSQLstmt,
CRecordset::useExtendedFetch );

I'm working with VC++ 5.0 and an Oracle database. ODBC driver is:
sqo32_73.dll
I believe that it doesn't support dynasets.
It's not possible to navigate through the recorset if I working with
snapshots?
What can I do?

Any suggestion will be apreciated, thanks in advance.

Sun, 17 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 CRecorset problem

I think that although you specified at static cursor, it's defaulting to a
forward only one, since, it appears that you are trying to do bulk row
fetches. I'd double check the documentation regarding bulk row fetches and
see what it says if that's what you're trying to do.

When you open the database you probably need to specify that you want to use
the cursor library as well. If you didn't that could have something to do
with it. In general, I'm pretty sure that you have to use the cursor library
for static cursors (at least that appears to be the case for the drivers
that I have been using).

Jon

Quote:
>Hi,

>I have a problem using the next member functions:
>            Move()
>            MoveFirst()
>            MoveLast()
>            MovePrev()
>The only one that runs without problems is MoveNext(), the others show
>the next exception:

>    " Driver not capable "

>Hier is the code that I use to create the CRecordset:

>recordSet = new CRecordset(pDatabase); recordSet->Open(
>CRecordset::snapshot,       theSQLstmt,
>CRecordset::useExtendedFetch );

>I'm working with VC++ 5.0 and an Oracle database. ODBC driver is:
>sqo32_73.dll
>I believe that it doesn't support dynasets.
>It's not possible to navigate through the recorset if I working with
>snapshots?
>What can I do?

>Any suggestion will be apreciated, thanks in advance.

Sun, 17 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problems with updating an Access 2000 database using CDatabase and CRecorset-derived class in MFC

2. number of records in a crecorset-class

3. Access violation on CRecorset::Open() method

4. CRecorset & MS Access

5. CRecorset and BYTE field

6. CRecorset opened Read Only

7. problems problems problems

8. Problems, problems, problems!

9. Problems, problems problems

10. Problems, Problems, Problems

11. VC6 to VC7 migration problem (problem with ATL and MFC)