SQL 6.5 tempdb error 1101 - VC++4.2 w MFC-ODBC
Author Message
 SQL 6.5 tempdb error 1101 - VC++4.2 w MFC-ODBC

Hi, please i need help:

I have a SQL-Server 6.5 with SP1, a tempdb with 10MB RAM.
I want to insert 100000 records from a Btrieve database into the
SQL-Server,
but after 1000-1100 records i became a exception "Error 1101 - no space
avaible
in tempdb ...". I wrote a programm with VC++ 4.2 and use the
MFC-ODBC-Functions,
where if the record in the SQL-Server exist, it will be edit, if the record
not exist,
it will be appended. I use the requery-function from the MFC-CRecordset. I
think,
thats why in the tempdb i have a lot of temporary cursors. How can i
delete them, or
who could help me solve the problem.

Kai

Sun, 25 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 SQL 6.5 tempdb error 1101 - VC++4.2 w MFC-ODBC

This is a bug that I have encountered as well.  The tempdb seams to dwindle
into nothing.  The work around that I have done is instead of Requery, do a
Close followed by an Open.  I know that this is not as efficient, but oh
well.

Hope it helps,
Ben Strum
Sun Investors Co., Inc.

Quote:
> Hi, please i need help:

> I have a SQL-Server 6.5 with SP1, a tempdb with 10MB RAM.
> I want to insert 100000 records from a Btrieve database into the
> SQL-Server,
> but after 1000-1100 records i became a exception "Error 1101 - no space
> avaible
> in tempdb ...". I wrote a programm with VC++ 4.2 and use the
> MFC-ODBC-Functions,
> where if the record in the SQL-Server exist, it will be edit, if the
record
> not exist,
> it will be appended. I use the requery-function from the MFC-CRecordset.
> think,
> thats why in the tempdb i have a lot of temporary cursors. How can i
> delete them, or
> who could help me solve the problem.

> Kai

Sat, 07 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 SQL 6.5 tempdb error 1101 - VC++4.2 w MFC-ODBC

We had this problem on a project I worked on.  We solved it by going into
ODBC Administrator, editing the properties of the data source, and
unchecking the box that says

"Generate stored procedure for prepared statement"

( I can't remember exactly what  the text was, but it was something like
that.)

Anyway, unchecking this box fixed the problem.  We were doing so many
queries, generating so many stored procedures that tempdb was filling up
quickly.  Try it out

Joe O'

Quote:
> This is a bug that I have encountered as well.  The tempdb seams to
dwindle
> into nothing.  The work around that I have done is instead of Requery, do
> Close followed by an Open.  I know that this is not as efficient, but oh
> well.

> Hope it helps,
> Ben Strum
> Sun Investors Co., Inc.

> > Hi, please i need help:

> > I have a SQL-Server 6.5 with SP1, a tempdb with 10MB RAM.
> > I want to insert 100000 records from a Btrieve database into the
> > SQL-Server,
> > but after 1000-1100 records i became a exception "Error 1101 - no space
> > avaible
> > in tempdb ...". I wrote a programm with VC++ 4.2 and use the
> > MFC-ODBC-Functions,
> > where if the record in the SQL-Server exist, it will be edit, if the
> record
> > not exist,
> > it will be appended. I use the requery-function from the
MFC-CRecordset.
> > think,
> > thats why in the tempdb i have a lot of temporary cursors. How can i
> > delete them, or
> > who could help me solve the problem.

> > Kai

Mon, 09 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. SQL 6.5 tempdb error 1101 - VC++ 4.2 w MFC ODBC

2. MS SQL-Server 6.5 - MFC ODBC functions. Problem with tempdb.

3. PRJ98 FileOpen Error 1101 with VC++ MFC Automation

4. PRJ98 FileOpen Error 1101 with VC++ MFC Automation

5. PROBLEM: Accessing SQL SERVER 6.5 from 16 bit ODBC Application (VC++ 1.5)

6. DAO vs ODBC for SQL Server 6.5

7. Connection is busy with results - VC++ 1.52, SQL Server 6.5, ODBC

8. triggers cascading DELETE with ODBC on SQL Server 6.5 and 7

9. ODBC and MS SQL Server 6.5

10. ODBC And SQL 6.5

11. PROBLEM: Accessing SQL SERVER 6.5 from a VC++ 1.5 ODBC application

12. VC++ 1.52, Connection is busy with results - SQL Server 6.5, ODBC