CRecordset bulk row fetch broken?
Author Message
 CRecordset bulk row fetch broken?

I've implemented a CRecordset derived class that implements bulk row
fetching just like the documentation says.  Problem is, it works when used
over a MSAccess database but it doesn't work over a SQL Server database.
The recordset always comes up as empty (IsEOF() and IsBOF() return true when
I open it.  The wierd part is that Move(n, SQL_FETCH_ABSOLUTE)'s work if I
set n low enough.

System:
NT 4.0
SQL Server 6.5 sp4
VC++ 5.0 sp3

Database table layout:
Table Quotes:
       ID int primary key identity
       TimeStamp  date/time
       Tic short
       Data image

The only thing I can think of so far is that bulk row fetching and long
binary data don't get along in SQL Server.  However, if I can't work with
long binary data then I don't have a solution so I haven't tested the system
without the image field yet.

    Thanks,
    -Dave.

Tue, 02 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. CRecordset Bulk Row Fetching

2. CDaoRecordset and Bulk Row Fetching

3. Bulk Row Fetching in CDaoRecordset??

4. bulk row fetching (newbie alert) + date order

5. Bulk Row Fetching ????

6. MFC and bulk row fetching.

7. ODBC CRecordSet Bulk Fetching

8. Using Bulk record fetching with CRecordset

9. CRecordset row fetch LIMIT !!!?!?!!?!

10. Bulk Fetching and AddNew/Edit/Delete/Update

11. Bulk fetch optimality

12. Add/Delete while using Bulk fetch