DAO slower than ODBC
Author Message
 DAO slower than ODBC

Hello,

we have stored our document data in an MS-Access Database.
If I read a couple of data with DAO (about 200 different SELECTs) the
access is 3 times slower than the acess via the ODBC-interface (in both
cases I use the same SELECT-statements).
The ODBC version uses precompiled statements, the DAO version uses
'QueryDefs'.

What's the reasion for that behaviour?
What can I do to get a faster DAO-access?

Thanks in advance

Joerg Seelmann-Eggebert

Mon, 04 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 DAO slower than ODBC
Do you store your queries in the database? If not, MFC DAO classes create
them on the fly and with 200 different queries you are seeing significant
overhead.

Oleg

--
Flashline.com
The World's Digital Marketplace

Quote:

> Hello,

> we have stored our document data in an MS-Access Database.
> If I read a couple of data with DAO (about 200 different SELECTs) the
> access is 3 times slower than the acess via the ODBC-interface (in both
> cases I use the same SELECT-statements).
> The ODBC version uses precompiled statements, the DAO version uses
> 'QueryDefs'.

> What's the reasion for that behaviour?
> What can I do to get a faster DAO-access?

> Thanks in advance

> Joerg Seelmann-Eggebert

Mon, 04 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 DAO slower than ODBC

The queries (temporary) are created as soon as the database is opened. We
store
the queries in an own list.
That means, the query itself exists if the read access takes place.

Joerg

P.S. All the query are parameterized selects on indiced fields

Quote:

> Do you store your queries in the database? If not, MFC DAO classes create
> them on the fly and with 200 different queries you are seeing significant
> overhead.

> Oleg

> --
> Flashline.com
> The World's Digital Marketplace
> http://www.flashline.com

> > Hello,

> > we have stored our document data in an MS-Access Database.
> > If I read a couple of data with DAO (about 200 different SELECTs) the
> > access is 3 times slower than the acess via the ODBC-interface (in both
> > cases I use the same SELECT-statements).
> > The ODBC version uses precompiled statements, the DAO version uses
> > 'QueryDefs'.

> > What's the reasion for that behaviour?
> > What can I do to get a faster DAO-access?

> > Thanks in advance

> > Joerg Seelmann-Eggebert

Tue, 05 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. VC++ 6.0 SLOW SLOW SLOW SLOW SLOW SLOW

2. DAO painfully slow - RDO for C++

3. Why DAO init is so slow ?

4. IS ADO slower then DAO?

5. Slow database access with DAO

6. Access(.mdb) ODBC became seriously slower

7. SQL server access through odbc too slow

8. ODBC on Novell server very slow

9. ORACLE slow ODBC performance - HELP!!

10. CRecordset / ISAPI Extension / Browser / ODBC-Oracle == SLOW

11. slow ODBC db close

12. ODBC Application runs slow