ODBC And NTDLL.DLL Unhandled Exception
Author Message
 ODBC And NTDLL.DLL Unhandled Exception

I am connecting to an ODBC datasource in order to SELECT records from a
FoxPro dbf. When the code attempts to execute the SQLExecDirect statement,
the app generates an unhandled exception from NTDLL.DLL. If I simply
continue past the error while in debug mode, the function call will bring
back rows from the database. Furthermore, the next time SQLExecDirect is
invoked, it will not generate an error.

Another hint: If I submit an invalid SQL statement through SQLExecDirect(),
then no error is generated.

Tools: I am using VC++ Ver 5.0 Enterprise on NT 4.0 with service pak 3
installed.

Currently, I am going along programming my app and stepping through the
error in debug mode as I develop. However, my deadline date is fast
approaching and I have a sinking feeling that there may not be an easy
solution for this problem.

Any and all help will be appreciated. Thank you,

Steffen Demos

Fri, 15 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 ODBC And NTDLL.DLL Unhandled Exception

What about in release mode? Do you get an exception then as well, or is it
only in debug mode? Is it a "first-chance" exception that is written to the
Output window? If so, I get these all the time. AFAIK, it safe to simply
ignore these errors (someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

Jon

Quote:

>I am connecting to an ODBC datasource in order to SELECT records from a
>FoxPro dbf. When the code attempts to execute the SQLExecDirect statement,
>the app generates an unhandled exception from NTDLL.DLL. If I simply
>continue past the error while in debug mode, the function call will bring
>back rows from the database. Furthermore, the next time SQLExecDirect is
>invoked, it will not generate an error.

>Another hint: If I submit an invalid SQL statement through SQLExecDirect(),
>then no error is generated.

>Tools: I am using VC++ Ver 5.0 Enterprise on NT 4.0 with service pak 3
>installed.

>Currently, I am going along programming my app and stepping through the
>error in debug mode as I develop. However, my deadline date is fast
>approaching and I have a sinking feeling that there may not be an easy
>solution for this problem.

>Any and all help will be appreciated. Thank you,

>Steffen Demos

Fri, 15 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help: Unhandled exception in ntdll.dll using CDatabase object

2. Unhandled Exception in NTDLL.dll

3. unhandled exception in someprog.exe (NTDLL.DLL): 0xC0000005: Access Violation

4. unhandled exception in someprog.exe (NTDLL.DLL): 0xC0000005: Access Violation

5. Help: Unhandled exception in ntdll.dll using CDatabase object

6. Unhandled exception in NTDLL.DLL ???

7. unhandled exception in someprog.exe (NTDLL.DLL): 0xC0000005: Access Violation

8. Unhandled exception in MyApp.exe (NTDLL.DLL): 0xC0000005: Access Violation

9. NTDLL.DLL unhandled exception?

10. Help: Unhandled exception in ntdll.dll using CDatabase object

11. urgent-First chance exception in iexplore.exe (ntdll.dll)-invalid handle

12. Exception in NTDLL.DLL when closing a database