Problem with Query/View
Author Message
 Problem with Query/View

This may be really stupid...But sometimes with ADO you
never know...

I have a Table named Tbl.
I have a Query named Q1 = "Select * from [tbl];"
I have a Query named Q2 = "Select * from [Q1];"

When I open the TableSchema, Tbl and Q1 show up, but Q2
doew not.

When I open the ViewSchema, only Q2 shows up.

If I try to open a record set, I can on Tbl or Q1, but not
Q2.

bte: This also happens with VB ADO classes, so I am pretty
sure the problem is real!!!

Any help would be appreciated.
David.

Mon, 23 Aug 2004 05:20:16 GMT
 Problem with Query/View
OK, I was really stupid. I had reduced my problem for this
message and left out one important fact!

The REAL definition of Q2 used a VB function in Access.
This is what is not working; nested queries work just fine.

So the new question becomes is it possible to access
queries that use VB functions via ADO???

Quote:

Mon, 23 Aug 2004 22:50:23 GMT

1. Problems in view switching in Explorer style MFC Doc/View

2. Problem with refresing a view embedded in another view

3. Problems creating new IE views (Html views)

4. SQL Query Problem

5. Problem with pointers and querying

6. Problem w/Dynamically Built Query

7. DAO / C++: Problem with parameter query

8. QUERY Problem!!

9. SQL Query problem

10. problem querying excel file tables via odbc

11. Problem with SQL query using Access + ODBC