Creating a DB in vc based on existing DB
Author Message
 Creating a DB in vc based on existing DB

I have an existing MS Access DB structure that I wish to be able to
create in a Visual C++ application.  This will allow me to create a
blank database on the fly.  I have experimented with the CDaoDatabase
and CDaoTableDef  classes and have successfully created simple
databases.  Is there an easy way, however, to generate the required code
to create the more complex database?  Or is there perhaps a better way
to do this?  Thanks in advance for any help.

Steve Villarreal

Mon, 26 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Creating a DB in vc based on existing DB
You could always send a "template" database (mdb) with your App and make a
new copy of that file (via file copy, no CDaoDatabase or any other database
classes involved).  Just an idea.

Quote:
> I have an existing MS Access DB structure that I wish to be able to
> create in a Visual C++ application.  This will allow me to create a
> blank database on the fly.  I have experimented with the CDaoDatabase
> and CDaoTableDef  classes and have successfully created simple
> databases.  Is there an easy way, however, to generate the required code
> to create the more complex database?  Or is there perhaps a better way
> to do this?  Thanks in advance for any help.

> Steve Villarreal

Tue, 27 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Creating a DB in vc based on existing MS Access DB

2. Creating DB in VC

3. Creating Paradox db file from vc++

4. OLE DB Close DB Connection w/MSSQL 6.5

5. Accessing both Access db and SQLServer db faster from VC++

6. Best db API ADO or OLE DB for highly efficient code

7. How to manage Db access with OLE DB Consumer Templates in COM

8. OLE DB: retrieving NUMERIC field from an Oracle 8.1.5 DB

9. Compact DB or repair DB

10. OLE DB Close DB Connection w/MSSQL 6.5

11. Updating/Adding a new record that already exists in the db

12. How to add OLE DB in an existing MFC project