Urgent !! Strange problems of CDaoDatabase application?
Author Message
 Urgent !! Strange problems of CDaoDatabase application?

Hi :
Any professionals.  My application met a fatal problem when open a MDB
file ( Access 97 format) in win9x .  It can only runs properly  in
some special computers. These computers are all had beeb installed VC.
But if the computer does not have VC,  CDaoDatabase will run into an
exception when open a MDB file.  I already install Access2000  in
these computer, but still failed.  I think it must be lack of some DLL
files.  However, how do I know which DLL should be copied in the
computer?

Please give me some suggestions

Hooway

Fri, 15 Oct 2004 21:48:13 GMT
 Urgent !! Strange problems of CDaoDatabase application?
Hoo Way

I think you may need to install DAO 3.5.    On the computers that you app
does
not run on, verify that DAO350.dll is not installed in C:\Program
Files\Common
Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO.  Verify that same is installed on computers that
your app run correctly on.

KB Article Q143292 may be of help.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q143292

best regards,
Roy Fine

Quote:
> Hi :
> Any professionals.  My application met a fatal problem when open a MDB
> file ( Access 97 format) in win9x .  It can only runs properly  in
> some special computers. These computers are all had beeb installed VC.
> But if the computer does not have VC,  CDaoDatabase will run into an
> exception when open a MDB file.  I already install Access2000  in
> these computer, but still failed.  I think it must be lack of some DLL
> files.  However, how do I know which DLL should be copied in the
> computer?

> Please give me some suggestions

> Hooway

Sat, 16 Oct 2004 00:39:00 GMT

1. Urgent !! Strange problems of CDaoDatabase application?

2. Very strange MFC behaviour and BIG problem, urgent help needed

3. (Q) URGENT - CDaoDatabase doesn't succeed, fail or except in Release mode

4. Urgent: CDaoDatabase and Connect String

5. very strange problem with multi-thread SDI application

6. MAPI Enable Client Application Problem (Urgent)

7. SDI application problem : Is URGENT !!!

8. UPDATE statement causes application error in CDaoDatabase::Execute()

9. Help system strange behaviour: urgent

10. Urgent DB help needed, sql querying with recordset, strange things happening

11. Urgent: Strange Error, Please Help!

12. Urgent: Strange Error, Please Help!