Use the stored procedure of Oracle?
Author Message
 Use the stored procedure of Oracle?

Hi,

I want to use the stored procedure of Oracle in my ATL-
COM. I built up the connection by ATL Object Wizard. I
tested the connection (when the Consumer/Data Access
Object was being built), and it is successful.

But I do not know how to pass the data to/from the stored
procedure. The declaration of procedure is as below,

  PROCEDURE Get_Providers(
            in_numWorkAreaID   IN NUMBER,
            io_curProviderData IN OUT udt_ref_cur )

and the io_curProviderData is cursor declared by
TYPE
udt_ref_cur IS REF CURSOR;  and is assigned by

    OPEN io_curProviderData FOR
        SELECT  P.*
        FROM    PROVIDER P
        WHERE   P.WORK_AREA_ID = in_numWorkAreaID;

and the variables generated by ATL Object Wizard are

        DB_VARNUMERIC m_INNUMWORKAREAID;
        IUnknown* m_ INNUMWORKAREAID;

DB_VARNUMERIC has four elements (precision, scale, sign,
val).

If somebody know how to handle the m_INNUMWORKAREAID and
m_INNUMWORKAREAID in the VC code, please help.

Thanks in advance.

David

Sat, 21 Aug 2004 22:20:08 GMT
 Use the stored procedure of Oracle?
Hello,

I was having a similar problem, and was recommended the document:

http://osi.oracle.com/~tkyte/ResultSets/index.html

Also see the thread in this group "Calling Oracle stored procedure from
VC++" started March 1st.

Check it out. Good luck,

Knut

Quote:
> Hi,

> I want to use the stored procedure of Oracle in my ATL-
> COM. I built up the connection by ATL Object Wizard. I
> tested the connection (when the Consumer/Data Access
> Object was being built), and it is successful.

> But I do not know how to pass the data to/from the stored
> procedure. The declaration of procedure is as below,

>   PROCEDURE Get_Providers(
>             in_numWorkAreaID   IN NUMBER,
>             io_curProviderData IN OUT udt_ref_cur )

> and the io_curProviderData is cursor declared by
> “TYPE
> udt_ref_cur IS REF CURSOR;”  and is assigned by

>     OPEN io_curProviderData FOR
>         SELECT  P.*
>         FROM    PROVIDER P
>         WHERE   P.WORK_AREA_ID = in_numWorkAreaID;

> and the variables generated by ATL Object Wizard are

> DB_VARNUMERIC m_INNUMWORKAREAID;
> IUnknown* m_ INNUMWORKAREAID;

> DB_VARNUMERIC has four elements (precision, scale, sign,
> val).

> If somebody know how to handle the m_INNUMWORKAREAID and
> m_INNUMWORKAREAID in the VC code, please help.

> Thanks in advance.

> David

Sun, 22 Aug 2004 00:23:09 GMT

1. execv function fails when used as an Oracle external stored procedure

2. Help with VC++ to Oracle using Stored Procedures

3. ADO stored procedures from VC++ using ORACLE

4. Calling Oracle stored procedures using MFC's classes

5. how to pass array to oracle stored procedure?

6. Oracle/C++ stored procedure call

7. ATL - >Oracle - >Stored Procedure

8. ATL - >Oracle - >Stored Procedure

9. Use the stored procedure of Oracle?

10. Resultset via stored procedure in ORACLE

11. ODBC + Oracle + MFC + Stored Procedure

12. Problems passing parameters to ORACLE stored procedure with ATL/OLEDB