Question about using ADO to connect Oracle DB??Thank you
Author Message
 Question about using ADO to connect Oracle DB??Thank you

if i use ADO in VC++ 6 to connect remote Oracle 9i DB in two different PC,
then should i install the oracle client for connection in the client PC??

Thank you

Mon, 26 Jul 2004 09:07:39 GMT
 Question about using ADO to connect Oracle DB??Thank you
Hi Tidus

If the Oracle Client is not installed on the PC on which the application
runs, I doubt you'll be able to connect the Oracle Database

Mon, 02 Aug 2004 18:33:52 GMT
 Question about using ADO to connect Oracle DB??Thank you
Serge Castelier's  answer appears to be write because if client tools are
not installed you may not be able to connect  with Oracle  Database. Same is
true if Listner is not available on Server with which you wants to connect.

Quote:
> if i use ADO in VC++ 6 to connect remote Oracle 9i DB in two different PC,
> then should i install the oracle client for connection in the client PC??

> Thank you

Thu, 12 Aug 2004 13:47:07 GMT

1. Question about using Oracle Client to connect Oracle 9i DB (window version)?Thank you

2. For VC++, ADO or OLEDB is better for connect remote Oracle 9i DB??Thank you

3. Using OLE DB or ADO to connect Oracle and SQL Server

4. Simple question about connecting to Oracle DB

5. Help: Connect to Oracle via MTS using ADO?

6. FORMAT OF CONNECTIONSTRING TO CONNECT TO ORACLE DATABASE USING ADO

7. FORMAT OF CONNECTION STRING TO CONNECT to ORACLE DATABASE USING ADO

8. Connecting to DB using ADO

9. Connecting to external Oracle DB

10. ADO : pbroblems writing into ORACLE DB

11. Problem in ADO while connecting with Oracle

12. ADO against an Oracle DB