Linked ODBC and CDaoRecordset
Author Message
 Linked ODBC and CDaoRecordset

I have an Access 97 database with a linked ODBC table (Oracle 7.3). I can
open and issue queries against the table just fine in Access, but when I try
to open it with CDaoRecordset, I get a 3151 - ODBC connection failed. Here's
a sample of the code I use:

CDaoDatabase db;
CDaoRecordset rs(&db);
rs.Open(dbOpenSnapshot, "SELECT * FROM MyTable");    // error here

The linked table is from an Oracle 7.3 database. When I linked the table to
my Access database, I provided the login/password and checked the "save
password with database" option.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Rich Chopyak

Sun, 04 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. CDaoRecordSet -- CDaoRecordSet -- CDaoRecordSet

2. CDaoRecordset/CRecordset/ODBC Question

3. Upsizing CDaoRecordset to ODBC data source

4. ODBC + CDaorecordset + FindFirst (or SELECT FROM .. WHERE clause)

5. CDaoRecordset.AddNew() fails with ODBC Sybase SQL Anywhere

6. CDaoRecordset and ODBC

7. ODBC + CDAORecordset + findfirst (or select where clause)

8. CDaoRecordset.AddNew() fails with ODBC Sybase SQL Anywhere

9. Strange ODBC errors using DAO to access linked tables in Access .MDB

10. Problem linking w/ Odbc 3.0 SDK library

11. Create a Link to an ODBC Database with MFC DAO

12. ODBC Error in static link