ODBC error: Operation must use an updatable query
Author Message
 ODBC error: Operation must use an updatable query

It's not enough to open the database as readonly, you should also look for a
setting of the query command to indicate that the result of the query is
updatable.

Quote:
> Hi

> I am doing a Database project with Visual C++ 6.0 .
> The database is Visual Foxpro 2.5.
> I use ODBC connect to the database.
> When i add a new record to the database.
> 1: use ExecuteSQL() function add record.
> 2: use AddNew(),Update()
> I open the database with NOT readonly.
> and the file's attribute is NOT readonly.

> I always got a error: "Operation must use an updatable query".
> What should I do ?????? :-(

> Thanks in advance.

Mon, 12 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. ODBC Error: Operation must use an updatable query.

2. ACC97 UPDATE error : Operation must use an updatable query

3. must use an updatable query

4. How can I find out, if query is updatable with Jet 4.0 provider in VC++

5. ODBC Error : "Query is too complex"

6. ODBC Error : "Query is too complex"

7. ODBC Error : "Query is too complex"

8. ODBC errors and Query Defs Re-Post

9. ODBC Error : "Query is too complex"

10. Problem with SQL query using Access + ODBC

11. Problem sorting predefined query using ODBC

12. Query db using MFC via ODBC