Problem with CDaoDatabase::Open()
Author Message
 Problem with CDaoDatabase::Open()

Hi,

My problem is this, first I created a database file using Microsoft
Access and this database file is set to no password (default saving)
and then I start my VC++ and use AppWizard to link my Access database
using DAO and it works perfectly.

Now, I open back my database file under Access and save it with a
password. Next, when I run my application with that database file
previously linked with DAO does not work at all! And it displays "Not a
valid password.". Obviously, this will happen but I need to know how I
can resolve this problem using CDaoDatabase::Open() member function,
because I do not have that member function in my source code at all.

From,

Michael

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Thu, 29 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem with CDaoDatabase::Open()
Add ";PWD=mypassword" to your Open statement.

"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;";
 connection += "Data Source=audit.mdb;";
 connection += "Jet OLEDB:Database Password=johnglen;";

Quote:
> Hi,

> My problem is this, first I created a database file using Microsoft
> Access and this database file is set to no password (default saving)
> and then I start my VC++ and use AppWizard to link my Access database
> using DAO and it works perfectly.

> Now, I open back my database file under Access and save it with a
> password. Next, when I run my application with that database file
> previously linked with DAO does not work at all! And it displays "Not a
> valid password.". Obviously, this will happen but I need to know how I
> can resolve this problem using CDaoDatabase::Open() member function,
> because I do not have that member function in my source code at all.

> From,

> Michael

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Thu, 29 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Newbie's problem with CDaoDatabase.Open()?? PLease help!

2. DAO and .DBF CDaoDatabase->Open(... problem

3. CDAODatabase::Open fails when trying to open 2nd mdb

4. CDaoDatabase::Open() will not open mdb file

5. CDaoDatabase Open function

6. CDaoDatabase::Open

7. CDaoDatabase::Open() crash

8. Catch() not catching error during CDaoDatabase.Open()

9. Using CDaoDatabase to Open a Password Protected Access DB

10. Can't open file using CDaoDatabase

11. Access Violation when Opening a CDaoDatabase Object In Thread

12. CDAODatabase::Open() fail