relation's tables in ado
Author Message
 relation's tables in ado

How can I handle relations in ADO,
if I have two tables one for Suppliers and one for items.

I would like to select a supplier and after that in
another grid diplay all items for this supplier

my tables are access2000 and I make a relations in access
but it doesn't work in VC & ADO.

Thanks in advance for your help,
   Eduardo

Sat, 21 Aug 2004 00:47:52 GMT
 relation's tables in ado
Hi Eduardo,

You need to use shape command to create parent/child relations with ADO.
The following article should be helpful
Q185425 "INFO ADO Hierarchical Recordsets via SHAPE APPEND". You could look
at the sample provided in the article and convert it easily into vc.

Ammar Abuthuraya
Microsoft Developer Support

Are you secure? For information about the Strategic Technology Protection
Program and to order your FREE Security Tool Kit, please visit
http://www.microsoft.com/security.

Sat, 21 Aug 2004 07:48:59 GMT

1. Create table in ADO (beginner's question)

2. Tables/Relations

3. Tables/Relations ??

4. Inserting new rows into tables with relations

5. Question about relation in ADO.NET

6. Relation between CRowset (ATL) and Recordset (ADO)

7. what's the relation between MFC42.DLL and the C run time lib

8. Joined Table update ADO.NET and C#

9. list tables in a database using ADO.NET

10. Updating multiple tables in ADO.NET

11. Check existent table (ADO)

12. Creating Database/Tables using ADO