Searching ODBC records
Author Message
 Searching ODBC records

Quote:

> Hi all :o)

> I am new to visual C and am building a VC++ database, using ODBC in the
> MFC, I was wondering how I can search for a particular record based on a
> text string i.e. if the field was say movie title, how would I search
> and return the record(s) with this word in the title ??

> --
> Regards,

> Kathy Quinlan

> K.A.Q. Electronics
> Perth Western Australia
> 0419 923 731

See m_strFilter in the CRecordset documentation.  You simply set your search
criteria in that string before opening the recordset.

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

Thu, 20 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Searching ODBC records

Hi all :o)

I am new to visual C and am building a VC++ database, using ODBC in the
MFC, I was wondering how I can search for a particular record based on a
text string i.e. if the field was say movie title, how would I search
and return the record(s) with this word in the title ??

--
Regards,

Kathy Quinlan

K.A.Q. Electronics
Perth Western Australia
0419 923 731

Fri, 21 Mar 2003 04:38:14 GMT

1. Searching records in ODBC

2. Help--need really fast search to compare two HUGE files of text records

3. searching a file of 100,000 records

4. dBase record search by key

5. How to search for a record under DAO?

6. search one of the records

7. search one of the records

8. Storing CLongBinary in ODBC record

9. Insert a record w/ a datetime field using ODBC calls

10. Error updating SQL-Server record via ODBC (CRecordset)

11. Problem Fetching Records in Bulk using MFC/ODBC/SQL Server

12. ODBC New Records using AutoIncrement Fields