MSDAORA Performance...
Author Message
 MSDAORA Performance...

We have created an OLE DB application in Visual C++ using the OLEDB consumer
templates from Microsoft.  The database has LOB fields that are implemented
in Oracle tables in the form of "long raw" data types.

We have hooked this application up to Oracle using the Microsoft OLE DB
provider for Oracle (MSDAORA) and was able to successfully run all the
application functionality, but the speed at which it inserts data into the
database for a table containing a "long raw" column is very slow.  Is this a
known issue with the consumer templates code and the MSDAORA provider?

We then tried to use the Oracle Provider for OLEDB and are unable to run the
application because there appear to be interfaces that have been put in
place by the consumer templates that don't seem to mesh with the
OraOLEDB.Oracle provider.   Does anyone know where there exists a list of
known problems with Microsoft's OLEDB consumer templates when used with the
OraOLEDB provider?  As an example, the IOpenRowset::OpenRowset method seems
to require an explicit set of properties (pTableID, pIndexID, etc.) to be
set when using the OraOLEDB.Oracle provider.  This is entirely encapsulated
in the consumer templates CSession::m_pOpenRowset member and no setting of
theses properties appears to be possible.

Thanks in advance.

Sun, 24 Oct 2004 14:12:23 GMT
 MSDAORA Performance...
Hi,
        see the site
http://www.geocities.com/oledbpro/docs/faqs/f_rowset.htm. You can test it
with OleDBPro at the site www.udaparts.com. See the attached samples BLOB
and AOTBLOB.

--
Yuancai (Charlie) Ye
See 30 real well-tested advanced OLEDB samples

Quote:
> We have created an OLE DB application in Visual C++ using the OLEDB
consumer
> templates from Microsoft.  The database has LOB fields that are
implemented
> in Oracle tables in the form of "long raw" data types.

> We have hooked this application up to Oracle using the Microsoft OLE DB
> provider for Oracle (MSDAORA) and was able to successfully run all the
> application functionality, but the speed at which it inserts data into the
> database for a table containing a "long raw" column is very slow.  Is this
> known issue with the consumer templates code and the MSDAORA provider?

> We then tried to use the Oracle Provider for OLEDB and are unable to run
the
> application because there appear to be interfaces that have been put in
> place by the consumer templates that don't seem to mesh with the
> OraOLEDB.Oracle provider.   Does anyone know where there exists a list of
> known problems with Microsoft's OLEDB consumer templates when used with
the
> OraOLEDB provider?  As an example, the IOpenRowset::OpenRowset method
seems
> to require an explicit set of properties (pTableID, pIndexID, etc.) to be
> set when using the OraOLEDB.Oracle provider.  This is entirely
encapsulated
> in the consumer templates CSession::m_pOpenRowset member and no setting of
> theses properties appears to be possible.

> Thanks in advance.

Sun, 24 Oct 2004 22:27:07 GMT

1. MSDAORA provider thread safe?

2. MSDAORA, CCommand, Rowset from Stored Procedure

3. ListView performance - I will pay you to increase performance of this:

4. Performance

5. Performance question

6. Article on C# Performance

7. IO performance C# Versus C++ (For C# GURU's only)

8. Windows service performance

9. release performance worse than in ide

10. Performance of unmanaged C++ in a managed C++ app

11. Performance Test: C#, VB.NET, Java, ...

12. Eclipse performance