My CRecordset derived class doesn't work in Release mode
Author Message
 My CRecordset derived class doesn't work in Release mode

My CRecordset class doesn't work in Release mode but works in Debug mode.
Why? I use WinNT 4 SP5, Visual Studio Enterprise 6 SP3, MS SQL 7 SP 1.

Sun, 22 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 My CRecordset derived class doesn't work in Release mode

Quote:

> My CRecordset class doesn't work in Release mode but works in Debug mode.
> Why? I use WinNT 4 SP5, Visual Studio Enterprise 6 SP3, MS SQL 7 SP 1.

You can debug the release version if you change two settings.  In the release
build settings, change the C/C++ page to generate the program database, and
change the Link page to turn on Generate Debug Info.  Then build and debug.

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

Sun, 22 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 My CRecordset derived class doesn't work in Release mode
Hi,

the two major reasons for works-in-debug-but-breaks-in-release problems:
#1: Bad message handler signatures. Usually private windows messages, like
WM_MYMESSAGE (defined by a #define), the sig for the handler must be LRESULT
OnMyMessage(WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam). Your milage may vary.
#2: Mission-critical code in an ASSERT macro. ASSERT expands to nothing in
release mode. You can use VERIFY instead, it expands to its' argument in
release.

I have no idea why you would have message handlers in CRecordset, but this
is the cause of 99.9% of WIDBBIR problems. Perhaps your CRecordset class
just get screwed up as a side effect?

Just my $0.02
S{*filter*}.

Quote:
> My CRecordset class doesn't work in Release mode but works in Debug mode.
> Why? I use WinNT 4 SP5, Visual Studio Enterprise 6 SP3, MS SQL 7 SP 1.

Mon, 23 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. program doesn't work in release mode.

2. VC++ 5.0 DLL doesn't work in Release mode with VB front end

3. Math Double doesn't work properly in Release mode

4. HELP CTreeCtrl : OnGetdispinfo doesn't work in CTreeCtrl derived class

5. Program not work at release mode but work at debug mode

6. (Q) URGENT - CDaoDatabase doesn't succeed, fail or except in Release mode

7. Derived CStatic doesn't work

8. Why CRecordSet doesn't work on MTS

9. RtlFreeHeap ADO Connection Open() doesn't work no more in Debug Mode

10. converted to vc6: Debug mode doesn't work

11. Overwrite mode in a RichEditView doesn't work if hook VK_INSERT accelerator key

12. socket doesn't work in loopback mode