How do you access remote databases where the database is not registed in the local ODBC
Author Message
 How do you access remote databases where the database is not registed in the local ODBC

Help!

I'm in an NT environment, I would like to access a remote SQLServer/Access
database where the datasource is registered on the remote machine, but not
on the local machine.  I am open to try any technology, but when I tried to
use ADO and DCOM I ran into the following problem.  I would create the
Connection object using the CoCreateInstanceEx, function, trying to create
the object on the remote machine,  but then could only connect to databases
on the local machine.  If anyone knows which technology I should be using
instead please help me out.

Thanks

Keith

Sun, 23 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How do you access remote databases where the database is not registed in the local ODBC
If you use ODBC you could use a DNS less connection

--
TO REPLY VIA EMAIL USE
fergal at marketdb dot co dot uk

Quote:

>Help!

>I'm in an NT environment, I would like to access a remote SQLServer/Access
>database where the datasource is registered on the remote machine, but not
>on the local machine.  I am open to try any technology, but when I tried to
>use ADO and DCOM I ran into the following problem.  I would create the
>Connection object using the CoCreateInstanceEx, function, trying to create
>the object on the remote machine,  but then could only connect to databases
>on the local machine.  If anyone knows which technology I should be using
>instead please help me out.

>Thanks

>Keith

Tue, 25 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Emergency question on c# access remote Access Database from ASP.net

2. How to access Custom Database Properties of a Access 97 database programmatically

3. Multiple threads doing database access using CRecordset

4. I am not able to see my database class members in class view - Please help

5. ASP.NET (ADO.NET) connect to remote MS Access Database

6. Remote Access Database in C# ?

7. How to access remote database

8. Remote Database Access

9. Remote Accessing MsAccess Database

10. Accessing remote database over the net

11. Remote Database Access

12. How to Backup the Contacts Database、Tasks Database、Appointment Database