Connection is busy with results - VC++ 1.52, SQL Server 6.5, ODBC
Author Message
 Connection is busy with results - VC++ 1.52, SQL Server 6.5, ODBC

Dear Jeff,

I have hade this kind of problem when trying to mix CRecordSet with native
ODBC calls.  If you open a result set using native ODBC calls with the ODBC
conection supplied using CDatabase and then attempt to reuse the conection
for a CRecordSet you can get this error.  The same connection can be used
for multiple result sets since each CRecordSet operation will complete it
work in one call and leave the connection available for other CRecordSets
to use.  Try using a seperate CDatabase object for your CRecordSets.
Otherwise, if this
is not the problem try running the same code through the 4.0+ compiler if
you have it.  Maybe you have a compiler or 16bit driver problem.

--
Regards,

Michael Welcome
check out < http://www.*-*-*.com/ >

Quote:
> Environment: VC++ 1.52 (using MFC), MS-SQL Server 6.5, ODBC

> Thanks for any help!

> Jeff

Sun, 09 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Connection is busy with results - VC++ 1.52, SQL Server 6.5, ODBC

Quote:

> I have hade this kind of problem when trying to mix CRecordSet with native
> ODBC calls.  If you open a result set using native ODBC calls with the ODBC
> conection supplied using CDatabase and then attempt to reuse the conection
> for a CRecordSet you can get this error.  The same connection can be used
> for multiple result sets since each CRecordSet operation will complete it
> work in one call and leave the connection available for other CRecordSets
> to use.  Try using a seperate CDatabase object for your CRecordSets.
> Otherwise, if this
> is not the problem try running the same code through the 4.0+ compiler if
> you have it.  Maybe you have a compiler or 16bit driver problem.

Unfortunately, I'm not mixing with native ODBC calls so that isn't my
problem.  I've even re-written part of my app so that this is the only
CRecordset class ever Open()ed and I still get the same error!

I'm about to try with MSVC++ 4.2, but even if that works I'm stuck doing
this app in 1.52c (for wfw311).

I also did upgrade my client to SQL Server sp3 drivers since there is
a KB article on this (Q153836).

Any other suggestions???? (willing to try everything including vodoo
now)

Jeff

Mon, 10 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. VC++ 1.52, Connection is busy with results - SQL Server 6.5, ODBC

2. PROBLEM: Accessing SQL SERVER 6.5 from 16 bit ODBC Application (VC++ 1.5)

3. PROBLEM: Accessing SQL SERVER 6.5 from a VC++ 1.5 ODBC application

4. SQL Server 6.5: Connection open (create file()) problem

5. DAO vs ODBC for SQL Server 6.5

6. triggers cascading DELETE with ODBC on SQL Server 6.5 and 7

7. ODBC and MS SQL Server 6.5

8. SQL 6.5 tempdb error 1101 - VC++4.2 w MFC-ODBC

9. SQL 6.5 tempdb error 1101 - VC++ 4.2 w MFC ODBC

10. VC++ Enterprise boxed with MS SQL Server, Developer Edition 6.5

11. SQL SERVER 6.5 and VC++...

12. Conversion from SQL server 6.0 to 6.5 for VC++ app