Urgent!!!! How to handle adding new records in table with identity columns in multiuser app ?????
Author Message
 Urgent!!!! How to handle adding new records in table with identity columns in multiuser app ?????

I am writing a client application in multi-user environment using
CRecordset and CDatabase classes. I have some identity columns on SQL
Server 6.5 which act as foreign key in other tables. Is there an easy way
to obtain the primary key number in column with identity so that I can use
that as foreign key in another table, while adding new records in bulk ??
Any feed back will be highly appreciated. It seems like it is lot of work
to add a row to one table and then requery for value assigned and also
there is danger that another user may add a row while user A is trying to
requery and obtain that key. Thanks.

Pratyoosh Gupta

Sat, 16 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Urgent!!!! How to handle adding new records in table with identity columns in multiuser app ?????

I had the same problem and ended up making the key not an identifier and
maintaining the unique number myself.

Sat, 16 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Adding a new virtual/temporary column to different tables via a DataSet

2. Notification of new record added to table by another user

3. Simple stored_procedure to insert record and return and identity column

4. DataSet Issue : How do I add a Row to a DataTable with Identity Column

5. Access violation adding row to empty table with datetime column, heap version only

6. Adding 1000's of records to a table

7. Problem adding record to blank Access Table using DAO

8. SQLPutData() returns SQL_SUCCESS but no record added to table

9. adding a record to table with Datetime field

10. Crash Adding record if it is the first in table

11. ADO And Adding or Updating Records in SQL Table

12. Updating/Adding a new record that already exists in the db