DAO under Office2000
Author Message
 DAO under Office2000

Hi !
I have small problem. My MFC programm using DAO for access to MS Access 97
database.
And  I using AfxDaoInit() for initialization DAO database engine. All work
fine.
But , if I try to use AfxDaoInit() and open table from database under MS
Office 2000
I see the error message "Unable to initialise MS DAO .... " . Where is error
?
In Office 2000 ? In same dll? Where?
Please help me to resolve this problem !!!

Thanks,

P.S. Also ALL MS sample from MSDN NOT WORK under my MS Office 2000.
I see same error "Unable to initialise MS DAO .... "

Tue, 22 Jul 2003 15:23:25 GMT
 DAO under Office2000

Quote:

>Hi !
>I have small problem. My MFC programm using DAO for access to MS Access 97
>database.
>And  I using AfxDaoInit() for initialization DAO database engine. All work
>fine.
>But , if I try to use AfxDaoInit() and open table from database under MS
>Office 2000
>I see the error message "Unable to initialise MS DAO .... " . Where is error
>?
>In Office 2000 ? In same dll? Where?
>Please help me to resolve this problem !!!

The problem is that MFC DAO classes ALLWAYS initializes for DAO 3.5
(which is Access 97). I you need to use Access 2000  you need to use
DAO 3.6.

Before using AfxDaoInit() do this!

AfxGetModuleState()->m_dwVersion = 0x0601;

For more info see MSDN Q232337

// Anders

Tue, 22 Jul 2003 18:36:12 GMT

1. DAO under Office2000

2. DAO under Office2000

3. vc6 and Office2000

4. Resolve Office2000 Shortcut

5. New FileOpen Dialog used in Office2000

6. JpegLib from IE or Office2000 or W95

7. Office2000 Toolbars for MFC

8. Migration of DAO 3.0 vs. DAO 3.5

9. Migration of DAO 3.0 vs. DAO 3.5

10. Calling DAO directly from MFC DAO classes

11. MFC DAO or DAO SDK.

12. How to go from DAO 3.5 to DAO 3.6