Q: CDaoWorkspace::CompactDatabase
Author Message
 Q: CDaoWorkspace::CompactDatabase

Hello:

I tried to compact my db in my C++ program by calling:

CDaoWorkspace::CompactDatabase(...)

I got an exception:

e->m_pErrorInfo->m_strDescription {"You attempted to open a database
that is already opened exclusively by user 'admin' on machine 'XYZ'.
Try again when the database is available."}

In my program (a service) I use an object: recSet, whch is derived from
CRecordset. In the program, recSet.Open() is always followed by
recSet.Close().

How is it different for a database "open" described in the error message
to recSet.Open?

Is it possible for me to "close" the database, do compact, then open it
again in the same service? How?

Thanks for your help,

Sat, 25 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. CDaoWorkspace.CompactDatabase

2. CDaoWorkspace::CompactDatabase

3. CDaoWorkspace::CompactDatabase()

4. CDaoWorkspace.CompactDatabase()

5. CDaoWorkspace.CompactDatabase

6. DAO CompactDatabase

7. DAO + Access MDB file + CompactDatabase?

8. How to CATCH exceptions from CompactDatabase?

9. CompactDatabase HELP

10. CompactDatabase

11. Problem with CompactDatabase method

12. --- Recap: Qs. about struct ---