DAOSDK/Setup Files are missing after Setup
Author Message
 DAOSDK/Setup Files are missing after Setup

On Wed, 16 Jul 1997 06:54:53 -0700, "Matthias Wilde"

Quote:

>I try to distribute a simple Application using VisualC++ 5.0 with MFC/DAO
>Support. I have found a separate Setup Program to install DAO (3 Disks)
>seperatly from my application. I want to integrate the seup in my scripts
>(InstallShield). There where many references in the documentation on CD and
>in the web. All references link to some files (daomin.rul) in the folder
>DAOSDK/SETUP. But there isn't such a folder after Setup of DAOSDK on my
>harddisk!!! Who can help me?

The .rul file was supplied with DAO 3.0 (included with Visual C++
4.x), but I could not find the DAO 3.5 .rul file, either. The original
.rul file was created with the SDK edition of InstallShield and
required an external DLL which did very little error checking to
register the DAO DLLs. DAO 3.5 will also require installing the
ActiveX redistributables.

If you have the .rul file from DAO 3.0 (included with Visual C++ 4.x),
you could probably modify it to work with DAO 3.5. Either way, it will
be a lot of work to integrate DAO into your setup application.

You can save a lot of time, effort and QA with Exemplar Setup Toolkit.
It knows how to install MFC, DAO and the ActiveX redistributables. It
costs US$199, and a free trial version is available on our web site.

PJ

Exemplar Software Corporation
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sun, 02 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 DAOSDK/Setup Files are missing after Setup

The documentation is incorrect when it says that the .rul file for the DAO
setup program is available with VC++ 5.0. The .rul file is not available
anymore.

Please refer to KB article Q167523 (HOWTO: Redistributing DAO with Your
Visual C++ 5.0 Application) for information on redistributing DAO.

Quote:
> I try to distribute a simple Application using VisualC++ 5.0 with MFC/DAO
> Support. I have found a separate Setup Program to install DAO (3 Disks)
> seperatly from my application. I want to integrate the seup in my scripts
> (InstallShield). There where many references in the documentation on CD
and
> in the web. All references link to some files (daomin.rul) in the folder
> DAOSDK/SETUP. But there isn't such a folder after Setup of DAOSDK on my
> harddisk!!! Who can help me?

> P.S.
> I am new in newsgroups and i am not the best in english language. Please
> excuse my mistakes :-))

> Greetings from Germany
> Matthias Wilde

Sun, 02 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. DAOSDK/Setup Files are missing after Setup

2. Bind my setup program with IE-setup

3. ODBC Driver Setup - Not Source Driver Setup

4. how to create a setup file in VC#??

5. .inf files and dsklayt program and makink small setup programs

6. Ocx Setup File (I'm in a real hurry, please)

7. Setup Question: Which files to distribute?

8. Newbie: How to make setup file

9. How to install or setup file .ocx ???

10. Make setup file

11. URGENT: mfcce300d.dll with Setup.dll for .CAB files

12. setup dll in CAB file