Active-X And CRecordset
Author Message
 Active-X And CRecordset

Hello All,

When implementing a Server-Side Component which accesses a ODBC Data source
(Why does not he use ADO you ask ? I have my reasons)

On the CRecordset::Open, I get the following execption:

Only SQL_DRIVER_NOPROMPT is allowed when connection pooling is enabled

Any Suggestions ??

Thanks !

Fri, 02 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Active-X And CRecordset
See the following knowledgebase articles:

PRB: SQL_DRIVER_NOPROMPT Error in IIS 4.0 ISAPI Application   [visualc]
ID: Q181434    CREATED: 19-FEB-1998   MODIFIED: 21-AUG-1998

and

How To Avoid the ODBC Login Dialog when Using MFC             [visualc]
ID: Q150552    CREATED: 02-MAY-1996   MODIFIED: 13-APR-1998

If your component is running in IIS, IIS most likely has ODBC loaded with
connection pooling
turned on.  Connection pooling forces you to specify SQL_DRIVER_NOPROMPT.
By
default, the MFC CRecordset class does not use SQL_DRIVER_NOPROMPT.

Matt Neerincx
vc++/vj++ database support

Quote:

>Hello All,

>When implementing a Server-Side Component which accesses a ODBC Data source
>(Why does not he use ADO you ask ? I have my reasons)

>On the CRecordset::Open, I get the following execption:

>Only SQL_DRIVER_NOPROMPT is allowed when connection pooling is enabled

>Any Suggestions ??

>Thanks !

Sat, 10 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Active-X And CRecordset
See the following knowledgebase articles:

PRB: SQL_DRIVER_NOPROMPT Error in IIS 4.0 ISAPI Application   [visualc]
ID: Q181434    CREATED: 19-FEB-1998   MODIFIED: 21-AUG-1998

and

How To Avoid the ODBC Login Dialog when Using MFC             [visualc]
ID: Q150552    CREATED: 02-MAY-1996   MODIFIED: 13-APR-1998

If your component is running in IIS, IIS most likely has ODBC loaded with
connection pooling
turned on.  Connection pooling forces you to specify SQL_DRIVER_NOPROMPT.
By
default, the MFC CRecordset class does not use SQL_DRIVER_NOPROMPT.

Matt Neerincx
vc++/vj++ database support

Quote:

>Hello All,

>When implementing a Server-Side Component which accesses a ODBC Data source
>(Why does not he use ADO you ask ? I have my reasons)

>On the CRecordset::Open, I get the following execption:

>Only SQL_DRIVER_NOPROMPT is allowed when connection pooling is enabled

>Any Suggestions ??

>Thanks !

Sat, 10 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using CRecordset::AddNew() and CRecordset::Edit() with IDENTITY fields

2. ActiveX...ActiveX...GreenTree DataList...ActiveX

3. ActiveX control inside another activex control

4. Control webbrowser ActiveX control in composit ActiveX control

5. Need help with ActiveX control containing other activex controls

6. ActiveX inside ActiveX

7. add Activex control to Activex container daynamically

8. ATL ActiveX Control hosting code fails to initialize ActiveX Controls on Win9x

9. Can an ActiveX call to another ActiveX?

10. Can an ActiveX to call to another ActiveX?

11. Can an ActiveX call to another ActiveX?

12. Create an ActiveX from inside another ActiveX