disabling CTRL ALT DEL
Author Message
 disabling CTRL ALT DEL

Well, first you can't control CTRL ALT DEL in NT.

The best way to disable these keys is not even through software...if its a
publicly available keyboard then just disable the connections on the
keyboard itself.

Fernando

Quote:
> I'm writng an app that acts like a kiosk in a populated area. I need to
> know how disable a user from tasking out of my application (ALT+TAB) or
> resetting the pc.(CTRL + ALT + DEL)

> I'm using Windows 95 or win 3.1 or NT4.0

> Any ideas.

> Thanks
> -mike

Sat, 10 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 disabling CTRL ALT DEL

I'm writng an app that acts like a kiosk in a populated area. I need to
know how disable a user from tasking out of my application (ALT+TAB) or
resetting the pc.(CTRL + ALT + DEL)

I'm using Windows 95 or win 3.1 or NT4.0

Any ideas.

Thanks
-mike

Sat, 10 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 disabling CTRL ALT DEL

Great idea! How?

Quote:
> Well, first you can't control CTRL ALT DEL in NT.

> The best way to disable these keys is not even through software...if its
> publicly available keyboard then just disable the connections on the
> keyboard itself.

> Fernando

> > I'm writng an app that acts like a kiosk in a populated area. I need to
> > know how disable a user from tasking out of my application (ALT+TAB) or
> > resetting the pc.(CTRL + ALT + DEL)

> > I'm using Windows 95 or win 3.1 or NT4.0

> > Any ideas.

> > Thanks
> > -mike

Sat, 10 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 disabling CTRL ALT DEL

Quote:

> Great idea! How?

> > Well, first you can't control CTRL ALT DEL in NT.

> > The best way to disable these keys is not even through software...if its
> > publicly available keyboard then just disable the connections on the
> > keyboard itself.

> > Fernando

How many programmers does it take to change a light bulb?

None, that's a hardware problem.

--
<****************************************************>
<                                                    >

<                                                    >
< It goes without saying, so, I ain't agonna say it! >
<                                                    >
<****************************************************>

Sat, 10 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 disabling CTRL ALT DEL

(warning - thread drift)

Alternatively ...

How many programmers does it take to change a lightbulb?

None. You ask any programmer to change the bulb, and he'll tell you
"I can't reproduce the problem - the light works fine on my desk".

Dominic
Bruxelles, Wed, 22 Jan 1997 09:47 +0100
also cis:106136,2400
using Virtual Access 3.52 build 159c (32-bit)
on WinNT build 1057 (3.51)

Mon, 12 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 disabling CTRL ALT DEL

Quote:

> How many programmers does it take to change a light bulb?

> None, that's a hardware problem.

When the only tool in your toolbox is a hammer, every problem looks like a
nail.

Its a matter of choosing the "more correct" way to solve a problem instead
of trying to deal with everything through programming.

In the case of a pubicly available kiosk, you shouldn't make a regular
keyboard available.  Try looking at some of the keyboards made for
this...they will also have features available that let you remove keys and
remap problem keys.

I had to do this recently and it saved us a lot of time & money in the long
run.

Fernando

Mon, 12 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 disabling CTRL ALT DEL

Hi,

your platform area is rather big...

for your solution..

"RegisterHotKey" API can help you handle (ALT+TAB) or resetting the
pc.(CTRL + ALT + DEL). If you check the help for that you will get a better
idea.

It is not possible to trap (CTRL + ALT + DEL) in NT.

hope this helps

Vishal

PS : check out my site (http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/1203)

Fri, 16 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 disabling CTRL ALT DEL

Quote:

> Well, first you can't control CTRL ALT DEL in NT.

> The best way to disable these keys is not even through software...if its a
> publicly available keyboard then just disable the connections on the
> keyboard itself.

> Fernando

> > I'm writng an app that acts like a kiosk in a populated area. I need to
> > know how disable a user from tasking out of my application (ALT+TAB) or
> > resetting the pc.(CTRL + ALT + DEL)

> > I'm using Windows 95 or win 3.1 or NT4.0

> > Any ideas.

> > Thanks
> > -mike

Look at the GINA.DLL and GINASTUB.DLL examples in the MSTOOLS samples
and search the MSDN CDs for GINA.  This is overkill, but will allow you
to disable CTL-ALT-DEL in NT.

Sat, 17 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 disabling CTRL ALT DEL

Quote:
>Its a matter of choosing the "more correct" way to solve a problem instead
>of trying to deal with everything through programming.
>In the case of a pubicly available kiosk, you shouldn't make a regular
>keyboard available.  Try looking at some of the keyboards made for
>this...they will also have features available that let you remove keys and
>remap problem keys.
>I had to do this recently and it saved us a lot of time & money in the long
>run.

I agree here.  It was a simple matter under Win3.1 to disable this
stuff, but MicroSoft make it real tricky under Win95 and WinNT.
Essentially they don't want you to do it for the sake of "robustness"

- Brian

Fri, 23 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Disable Ctrl+Alt+Del

2. Disable Ctrl+Alt+Del

3. Disable Ctrl+Alt+Del

4. Disabling Ctrl+Alt+Del???

5. Disabling Ctrl+Alt+Del functionality

6. Disabling Ctrl+Alt+Del functionality

7. disabling CTRL ALT DEL

8. Disable CTRL-ALT-DEL ?

9. Disabling Ctrl-Alt-Del

10. How can I disable Ctrl+Alt+Del?

11. Disabling Ctrl-Alt-Del with Turbo C?

12. Routine to disable Ctrl-Alt-Del on PC