CDaoRecordset::Update Problem
Author Message
 CDaoRecordset::Update Problem

I have an application where 5 computers share the same Access database.
The database resides on one of the five computers hard drives.  It is
critical that when one machine changes the values in a particular table
that the other machines see those changes immediately, but they aren't.

Here is some of the code code
{

  //Open as a Dynaset
  m_pSequence->Close
  m_pSequence->Open(dbOpenDynaset, szInitialSQL);

  //Find the record to modify
  m_pSequence->FindFirst(szSeek);

  //Modify the Record
  m_pSequence->Edit();
  m_pSequence->m_Status = SOME_STATUS_VALUE;
  m_pSequence->Update();

}

Does anyone know why other machines don't see the changes to the recordset?
 If I make each machine wait anywhere from 3 - 5 seconds before looking in
the table they can see the changes, but if they look any sooner they don't
see any modifications.

Is there some buffering or caching going on that I don't know about?

Thanks for any help that I can get.

Fri, 19 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. CDaoRecordset::Update Problems

2. CDaoRecordSet -- CDaoRecordSet -- CDaoRecordSet

3. Data after CDaoRecordset::Update()?

4. CDaoRecordset Update returns false

5. How to use CDAORecordSet to update database?

6. DAO3.60 - getting error 3260 when doing CDaoRecordset::Update

7. How to use CDAORecordSet to update database?

8. CDaoRecordset.Update() is messing up GetFieldValue return

9. CDaoRecordset Not updating correctly

10. CDaoRecordset::Update()

11. Problem with SQL statement to open derived CDAORecordset

12. CDaoRecordSet Problem