CRecordset for ODBC 3.0
Author Message
 CRecordset for ODBC 3.0

I'm using CRecordset for database interaction with drivers ODBC 3.0. I have
seen that this class implements calls to functions of previous releases (for
example, SQLExtendedFetch). Do you know a new release of the class
CRecordset and similars for ODBC 3.0?. Have I to modify CRecordset for using
ODBC 3.0?.

Thank you.

Thu, 18 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 CRecordset for ODBC 3.0
For ODBC 3.0 (and above), some of the methods have been deprecated and replaced
by new methods.  For example, the one method that you suggested
(SQLExtendedFetch) has a note in the documentation:
Note: In ODBC 3.5, SQLExtendedFetch has been replaced by SQLFetchScroll.  ODBC
3.5 applications should not call SQLExtendedFetch.... [ snip ]

CRecordSets are still functional despite these changes--it probably will require
some updates in your code, however!

Good luck.

    - Eric Smith
    IBM Global Services

Quote:

> I'm using CRecordset for database interaction with drivers ODBC 3.0. I have
> seen that this class implements calls to functions of previous releases (for
> example, SQLExtendedFetch). Do you know a new release of the class
> CRecordset and similars for ODBC 3.0?. Have I to modify CRecordset for using
> ODBC 3.0?.

> Thank you.

Fri, 19 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. CRecordset for ODBC 3.0

2. ODBC driver V1.13.5.0.4 not working with ODBC 3.0

3. ODBC 3.0 and Excel/Text Files HELP ME PLEASE

4. ODBC 3.0 became much more space consuming?

5. Distributing ODBC 3.0 to end-users

6. ODBC 3.0 standard components install.

7. ODBC 3.0 Breaks Stuff

8. Problems with MSDEV 4.2 AND ODBC SDK 3.0

9. CDatabase Can't Open System DSN with ODBC 3.0 SDK

10. Problem linking w/ Odbc 3.0 SDK library

11. Visual FoxPro 3.0 ODBC connection

12. Visual FoxPro 3.0 and ODBC