Does the RFX mechanism read a BLOB field value only upto a certain fixed length?
Author Message
 Does the RFX mechanism read a BLOB field value only upto a certain fixed length?

Hello,

            1) Is there a size limitation on the read value of a BLOB field
by the RFX_  mechanism ?
            2) Does the RFX mechanism read a BLOB field value only upto a
certain fixed length?
            3) If so , how can I  enable the RFX_BINARY mechanism to read
the COMPLETE blob field         value?

            ENVIRONMENT

            OS :- Windows 95
            DBMS :- Paradox 5.1
            TOOL :- VC++ 5.0

            SCENARIO

             1) I have a Paradox table (say MyTable1) with two fields say
                .
                .
                MyStrVar1      <String type>
                MyBlobVar2      <BLOB>

            2) I have derived a CRecordset class to read the data from this
table.
            I have defined a CByteArray variable to contain the binary data
from the MyBlobVar2 field
                 .
                 .
                 CByteArray     biPURPOSE

            3) The size of biPURPOSE is set to
                .
                .
                #define USHRT_MAX    0xffff;
                 biPURPOSE.SetSize(USHRT_MAX);

            4) RFX_Binary() function is now used to read the MyBlobVar2 from
MyTable1 table (see above) into the  biPURPOSE variable
            .
            .
            DoFieldExchange(...)
            {
                 //..........
                 RFX_Binary(pFX, _T("[MyBlobVar2]"), biPURPOSE, USHRT_MAX);
                 //.........
            }

       PROBLEM  :- If the size of the MyBlobVar2  is more than 315 Bytes,
the data is truncated and  biPURPOSE variable only contains 315 bytes of
data.

        Based on the above problem here are my questions :-

        QUESTION 1 :- Why does the biPURPOSE variable contain only the first
315 bytes from the MyBlobVar2 field?
        QUESTION 2 :- What could this problem be attributed to?

        QUESTION 3 :- How to overcome this problem?

        QUESTION 4 :- Is this a driver limitation? I am using Microsoft
Paradox driver 3.50.360200

Thanks for the help
Rohit.

Sat, 27 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Pading 0s in front fixed length-fields

2. how to insert value of BLOB into a memo field

3. Thanks - Re: How to read variable length, colon delimited fields

4. How to read variable length, colon delimited fields

5. Reading a fixed format field file

6. How to read a field value DAO (Access)

7. cannot read long varchar field values from ADO Recordsets

8. Printing certain fields

9. Creating a new field in an exiting table at a certain position

10. Oracle 8 blob field - CRecordset binding

11. CDAORecordset & BLOBS/memo fields

12. how to write a disk file to a blob field in SQLServer Database