retrieve field value from table
Author Message
 retrieve field value from table

Hi

I am working on a program that takes proprietary text
files and converts the data and puts it into a database.
Right now I am using Microsoft Access, probably will
convert to SQL soon, but I have a small problem.

One of my tables has a "AutoNumber" field which I don't
mess with in my code.  What I need is a way to retrieve
the value in this autonumber field.  I need the value in
this field because I have to tie another table to this
table via the autonumber.

I hope I explained well enough.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Luis Nieto

Tue, 22 Mar 2005 03:42:09 GMT
 retrieve field value from table
After you insert a record, issue the sql statement:

In the recordset returned the first record will be the identity.

-- Alex

Quote:
> Hi

> I am working on a program that takes proprietary text
> files and converts the data and puts it into a database.
> Right now I am using Microsoft Access, probably will
> convert to SQL soon, but I have a small problem.

> One of my tables has a "AutoNumber" field which I don't
> mess with in my code.  What I need is a way to retrieve
> the value in this autonumber field.  I need the value in
> this field because I have to tie another table to this
> table via the autonumber.

> I hope I explained well enough.

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> Luis Nieto

Tue, 22 Mar 2005 14:37:20 GMT

1. How do i retrieve invidual field name s and values from a table

2. Set default value to table fields

3. ~Sum existing values with values from another table

4. retrieving data field from when binding a Datagrid to a dataset

5. ODBC API, SQL_C_DATE - how to retrieve field data?

6. Retrieving auto inc fields with ODBC

7. Need help on retrieving memo field

8. Retrieving field descriptions using ODBC and VC++

9. retrieving identity fields efficiently from dao

10. OLE DB: retrieving NUMERIC field from an Oracle 8.1.5 DB

11. Retrieve a Counter Field after adding a record?

12. Retrieving data from an Image field