Read Jet-databas properties with ADO from vc++
Author Message
 Read Jet-databas properties with ADO from vc++

Hi,

I like to read the user defined properties in a Jet-database with ADO
connection to a VC++ application. Today its possible for me to read this
properties in VB with a DAO connection to a Jet-database, and now i would
like to do the same thing in VC++ with a ADO connection. The properties i
talk about are the properties you can create with Access. Only select
File->Databaseproperties->Own and Add. But, how do i read this
records from VC++ with a ADO connections?

In VB with a DAO connection I do like this:

Dim wrkjet As Workspace, dbs as Database

Set wrkjet = CreateWorkspace("", "admin", dbUseJet)
Set dbs = wrkjet.OpenDatabase("c:\test.mdb")

Msgbox
dbs.Containers("Databases").Documents("UserDefined").Properties("Test").Valu

Regards

Patrik

Mon, 24 Mar 2003 14:27:39 GMT

1. Read Jet-database properties with ADO

2. Reading ADO RecordSet in VC

3. VC 6: Reading/modifying file properties

4. Setting the Properties of an ADO Recordset before it is opened (VC++)

5. vc++ with jet... best solution

6. Speed of ADO Recordset vs ADO Command in VC

7. Recordset of a command object is always read-only (ADO, VC++)

8. ADO/ATL/Jet 3.5 Provider problem

9. Redists ADO and JET OLE DB

10. ADO Jet Connection Errors

11. Jet Database Replication (JRO + ADO)

12. Jet ADO threads and performance