Password Protected DataBase
Author Message
 Password Protected DataBase

I put a password on my database so only the application
can gain access to it. But in order to pass the password
to the data base from the application I need to have a
pointer to the CDaoDatabase object.

When you create a DAO project in VS
the database is not opened directly by the application
code.

At runtime when you create a CDaoRecordSet the default
database that is set up as part of the document is opened
automatically by the MFC framework code. So there is no
pointer accessable to the CDaoDatabase before it is
opened so you can not supply the password. Therefore, I
have 2 choices. Either somehow pass the password to the
framework code that opens the database or take over the
the opening of the CDaoDatabase. In the second case I'd
have to know how to do it without disturbing the
framework functions that depend on having the control
over the database.

Any Help would be appreciated.
Neil

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 22:40:53 GMT
 Password Protected DataBase
Hi Neil,

You may want to check following article for some samples:

270663 HOWTO: Open a Secured Access Database from Visual C++
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=270663

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Leo Chen

--------------------

| Subject: Password Protected DataBase
| Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 06:40:53 -0800

| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vc.database
|
| I put a password on my database so only the application
| can gain access to it. But in order to pass the password
| to the data base from the application I need to have a
| pointer to the CDaoDatabase object.
|
| When you create a DAO project in VS
| the database is not opened directly by the application
| code.
|
| At runtime when you create a CDaoRecordSet the default
| database that is set up as part of the document is opened
| automatically by the MFC framework code. So there is no
| pointer accessable to the CDaoDatabase before it is
| opened so you can not supply the password. Therefore, I
| have 2 choices. Either somehow pass the password to the
| framework code that opens the database or take over the
| the opening of the CDaoDatabase. In the second case I'd
| have to know how to do it without disturbing the
| framework functions that depend on having the control
| over the database.
|
| Any Help would be appreciated.
| Neil

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 20:19:27 GMT

1. Password protected DataBase

2. Open a password protected DataBase

3. How to compact a password protected database with Visual C++ using ODBC

4. DAO password protected database and class wizard

5. How to compact a password protected database with Visual C++ using ODBC

6. Password protected database (DAO)

7. Open a password protected Database

8. No access to password-protected database using OLE-DB. Can someone help?

9. Open a password-protected Access database

10. Error compacting a password-protected Access database

11. SQLConfigDataSource and password protected ACCESS database

12. Password protected Access Database