Refresh Data After Locking the Data
Author Message
 Refresh Data After Locking the Data

pRecordser->SetLockingMode(pessimistic);
pRecordset->Edit();

...how can I refresh pRecordset so that I can know
the latest data if ever someone has made modifications
immediately BEFORE the Edit() call??? Danger: You will NOT
get an exception thrown when calling Update() even
though the data has indeed changed in this case!
(It throws an exception only if the data has changed
AFTER your Edit() call - in optimistic locking mode,
of course.)

pRecordset->Update();

One way I'm thinking of is to open another recordset
in read-only mode after the Edit() call. But I wonder
if there's a more straight-forward way.

Yudong

Fri, 09 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Refreshing Data

2. Refreshing a databound control with new data

3. Refreshing a databound comboBox after data update

4. Refresh data on multiple client screens in Windows?

5. refreshing recordset data

6. how to refresh data in CListCtrl?

7. Refresh DBgride with data.

8. Refresh data in ActiveX Dbgride?

9. refresh data grid

10. HEELP: How to lock a record in an ODBC-data source

11. Record Locking Probs with Delete/Insert Data in VC++

12. can you remove data from data streams???