Problem cnnecting through to a System DSN
Author Message
 Problem cnnecting through to a System DSN

I have set up a System DSN that are to be used by all users. When I try to
connect using it, it does not find it. I can only to a user DSN. How do
connect to a System DSN?

Thanks
Lars

Wed, 23 Jul 2003 07:13:43 GMT
 Problem cnnecting through to a System DSN
I have a local Access 2000 database that I want to share between all users
of the PC it is installed on. The way to do that should be to set up a
System DSN but when my application try to connect it doesn't find the DSN.
This works fine with a User DSN. So what do I need to do to connect to a
System DSN?

Hope this is enough info.

Thanks
Lars

Quote:

> Would you like to provide more information, such as DB type?

> Please list reproductive procedures.

Mon, 28 Jul 2003 08:09:15 GMT
 Problem cnnecting through to a System DSN

What account did you use to set up the sustem DSN?

Mon, 04 Aug 2003 17:02:29 GMT

1. User DSN vs Sys DSN vs File DSN.

2. How to define and create a system DSN with VC functions

3. ODBC SYSTEM DSN

4. CDatabase Can't Open System DSN with ODBC 3.0 SDK

5. How to create a system DSN in Visual C++??Thank you

6. System DSN details from program??

7. Create System DSN on the fly??

8. Looking in the Regitry for System DSN

9. Programatically Creating System DSN's

10. ODBC SYSTEM DSN???

11. VB to MFC Paradox DSN-less porting problem

12. ODBC DSN Problem