Help - DAO and JET 3.5 and Memory Usage
Author Message
 Help - DAO and JET 3.5 and Memory Usage

We have an app using DAO and Jet 3.5.

We use CDaoRecordset.
We have a routine which populates a recordset with about 20,000 records
using AddNew(),SetFieldValue() then Update() in a loop.

This routine seems to really chew up memory and never gives it back until
the app itself closes.

We explicitly close the database and the recordset.  I've tried changing
maxbuffersize.  Nothing seems to affect the memory it uses.  The system
eventually dies.

I would appreciate any insight.

Thanks
Dean Kotchka

Sun, 26 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Help - DAO and JET 3.5 and Memory Usage
We have the same problem using CRecordSet and an ODBC Accessdriver.  The
database-threads seems to continuously allocate memory which is not freed.

Peder Sperstad

We have an app using DAO and Jet 3.5.

We use CDaoRecordset.
We have a routine which populates a recordset with about 20,000 records
using AddNew(),SetFieldValue() then Update() in a loop.

This routine seems to really chew up memory and never gives it back until
the app itself closes.

We explicitly close the database and the recordset.  I've tried changing
maxbuffersize.  Nothing seems to affect the memory it uses.  The system
eventually dies.

I would appreciate any insight.

Thanks
Dean Kotchka

Fri, 31 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Migration of DAO 3.0 vs. DAO 3.5

2. Migration of DAO 3.0 vs. DAO 3.5

3. How to go from DAO 3.5 to DAO 3.6

4. Migration of DAO 3.0 vs. DAO 3.5

5. DAO 3.5 w/ODBCDirect - please help...

6. Help for Btrieve and DAO 3.5

7. Problem intalling Microsoft Jet 3.5

8. How Do I Remove a User with Jet 3.5 and VC++

9. VC 4.2 with Jet 3.5

10. Jet 3.5

11. Rebuilding dbDAO to use Jet 3.5?

12. Rebuilding dbDAO to use Jet 3.5?