Visual C++ vs Powerbuilder
Author Message
 Visual C++ vs Powerbuilder

Good Afternoon,

I am working on a new project and have been told by a power builder zealot
that it(power builder 7.0) has faster data access than Microsoft can provide
to it's own Sql Server 7.0.  The logic seems flawed.  Has anyone done any
testing?  They (powersoft) use phrases like native drivers to sql server vs.
odbc and ado.

Please tell me power builder does not have faster access (I think
development time may be decreased, but we need fast data access), I would
like to save my company $3000, and my time learning the ide and language.

Thanks for the info in advance!

Scott!

Fri, 30 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Visual C++ vs Powerbuilder

Quote:
> They (powersoft) use phrases like native drivers to sql server vs.
> odbc and ado.

Yes, they are probably right. "Native" drivers means that the have their own
encapsulation for DB access, which talks directly to server API. With ODBC,
you will probably have both ODBC and MFC ODBC classes over server API. With
ADO, you have OLE Automation burden (I think this emerges especially with
database values fetching, where you always get a VARIANT).

Goran.

Sat, 31 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Visual C++ vs Powerbuilder

If you are using SQL 7.0 , then you can "DBLIB"  API  which is faster than
ODBC.
This will , I guess,  will be faster than PB though I  havenot done any
testing

Sat, 21 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Visual C++ vs PowerBuilder

2. Microsoft Visual C++ vs. PowerBuilder

3. Visual C++ vs Visual Basic vs Visual J++

4. C++ vs C vs Visual C++

5. Visual C++ 6.0 vs. Visual C++ .NET

6. Visual C++ 7 speed vs Visual C# speed

7. visual basic VS. visual C++

8. Visual Basic Vs. Visual C++

9. Newuser Visual Basic4.0 vs. Visual C++

10. Visual Basic 5.0 vs. Visual C++ 5.0

11. Microsoft Visual Studio.NET V.S. Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0

12. Visual C++ vs. Visual J++