Meaning of message "First Chance Exception"
Author Message
 Meaning of message "First Chance Exception"

In an application which uses MFC CDatabase and CRecordset to access some
data files, I frequently get the following message in my output window:

"First Chance Exception in XXXX" where XXXX is the name of a DLL.

Does anyone know what causes this message.

Thu, 14 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Meaning of message "First Chance Exception"

Shalom,

It means that an exception has been thrown from the depths of the system,
and has been caught by it. Exceptions are error trapping mechanisms, and
some APIs use them instead of returning an error code, or similar ways...

--
Shahar Prish
Balisoft Technologies : http://www.balisoft.com

Quote:

>In an application which uses MFC CDatabase and CRecordset to access some
>data files, I frequently get the following message in my output window:

>"First Chance Exception in XXXX" where XXXX is the name of a DLL.

>Does anyone know what causes this message.

Sun, 24 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. disable "first-chance exception.." warnings

2. what is"first chance exception"

3. "First-chance" exception when using CRichEditCtrl

4. getting rid of "First-chance exception in Vb6.exe (KERNEL32.DLL): 0xC000008F: Float Inexact Result."

5. "First-chance exception" errors in the Debug Window...

6. Question About "First-chance exception in psMng.exe (PCPR.DLL): 0xC0000005: Access Violation"

7. How to turn off "first chance exceptions"?

8. DoModal generates "First Chance Exception: Access Violation"?

9. Dialog generates "first chance exception: Access violation"?

10. Old meaning of "long double" declaration

11. meaning of "~"

12. 2 meanings of "const"