CDAORecordset & BLOBS/memo fields
Author Message
 CDAORecordset & BLOBS/memo fields

Hy UDO

If you use DaoRecordsets you can can store your BLOB by setting

m_bCheckCacheForDirtyFields = FALSE;

By Peter from Stuttgart Germany

Udo Szczepanek schrieb im Beitrag

Quote:
>Hi folks,

>does anybody know the following problem (and a solution as well):

>I programmed a CDAORecordset derived class to read and write data from
>an Access 7.0 database. So far so good. The problem is to access a memo
>field which I connected to a CByteArray class in the DoFieldExchange
>method. Reading the data from the database is working. But I could not
>realize the writing. I modified a read Recordset between an Edit() and
>Update() method call. Interesting is that all fields except the memo
>fields are written back to the database.

>I tried to solve the problem by setting the field to DIRTY and NOT NULL
>as
>I found in a hint of a mail archive. But that just produced a "Data type
>conversion error" message. The only thing I could realise was to clear
>the field in the database by setting the DAORecordset  to DIRTY and to
>NULL.
>But that doesn't help me very much. I could not even find a usefull hint
>that problem in the MS Knowlegde Base.

>As far as I know the problem is somewhere in the
>CDaoRecordset::SetFieldValue method.
>To be more precize in the last line, which is the only line that's not
>comment or
>ASSERT statement. But I don't understand that line (and the called
>methods).

>So long,
>Udo

>--

>"CAD im Schneiderhandwerk"
>Dipl.-Inform. Udo Szczepanek

>Universitaet Bremen            |   Telefon     +49/421 218-4982
>FB Mathematik/Informatik       |   Sekretariat +49/421 218-2488
>Bibliothekstra?e 1, MZH 3310   |   Telefax     +49/421 218-3308
>D-28359 Bremen                 |

>WWW     http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~udoz
>         http://www.*-*-*.com/

Fri, 04 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 CDAORecordset & BLOBS/memo fields

Hi Peter

Quote:
> If you use DaoRecordsets you can can store your BLOB by setting

> m_bCheckCacheForDirtyFields = FALSE;

Sorry but that's not changing anything.

Udo

"CAD in Dressmaking"
Dipl.-Inform. Udo Szczepanek

University of Bremen           |   Phone    +49/421 218-4982
Dept. of Computer Science      |            +49/421 218-2488
Bibliothekstra?e 1, MZH 3310   |   Fax      +49/421 218-3308
D-28359 Bremen, Germany        |

WWW     http://www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/~udoz
        http://eddi.informatik.uni-bremen.de/coat

Mon, 07 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. how to insert value of BLOB into a memo field

2. ODBC & MEMO FIELD

3. CRecordSet & MEMO fields problem

4. How to write Memo BLOB to DB using ADO -- how to convert binary to VARIANT

5. DAO Exception on Memo Field

6. Exceptions thrown on long Memo fields

7. DBase III Memo fields and DAO

8. Need help on retrieving memo field

9. CdbRecordset::GetField problem with memo fields.

10. Access memo fields from AppWizard CRecordset based classes

11. CRecordset, memo field, help

12. odbc and memo field truncate.