CRecordset Bulk Row Fetching
Author Message
 CRecordset Bulk Row Fetching

Im trying to implement bulk row fethcing using the MFC CRecordset class
in VC++. Im letting the framework allocate the memory for the rowset.
These are the pointers to the allocated memory just as shown in MSDN.

Quote:
>long int* m_username;
>LPSTR m_sessid;

This is in the RFX bulk exchange fucntion.

Quote:
>RFX_Long_Bulk( pFX, _T( "[username]" ),
>    &m_username, &m_userLengths );
>RFX_Text_Bulk( pFX, _T( "[sessid]" ),
>    &m_sessid, &m_sessidLengths, 40 );

After fethcing the rows I can access the individual rowset for the int
value by doing "m_username[N]". But for the text colum Im retrieving, I
only get one value, and acessing the variable as an array will only get
me individual characters of the string. Shouldn't the original varibale
be declared as an LPSTR* instead of just an LPSTR? Yet the
RFX_Text_Bulk function will only let me pass it an LPSTR. How do I
access the individual rows for string values in the bulk fetched
rowset?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 18 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. CRecordset bulk row fetch broken?

2. CDaoRecordset and Bulk Row Fetching

3. Bulk Row Fetching in CDaoRecordset??

4. bulk row fetching (newbie alert) + date order

5. Bulk Row Fetching ????

6. MFC and bulk row fetching.

7. ODBC CRecordSet Bulk Fetching

8. Using Bulk record fetching with CRecordset

9. CRecordset row fetch LIMIT !!!?!?!!?!

10. Bulk Fetching and AddNew/Edit/Delete/Update

11. Bulk fetch optimality

12. Add/Delete while using Bulk fetch