Reliability and Stability of Jet/DAO
Author Message
 Reliability and Stability of Jet/DAO

Hello!

I have a MFC application that is currently tested with some customers. I
have the option to run it with ODBCdirect on a Database Server (let's say
SQL-Server or Oracle or something like that) or to run it over DAO/Jet on a
Novell File-Server.

Generally, I would say from a certain number of users / amount of data /
number of transactions I would prefer the client/server solution, whereas in
small environments (2-5 users) I would prefer the Jet-solution.

But during testing, we are getting from time to time spurious stability
problems that cannot be traced back to the application.

Has anyone of you some experience what can lead to problems in using
DAO/Jet:

1) Running Multi-User on a Novell Net (Netware 3.12)
2) General Jet Stability
3) DAO-Jet vs. DAO/ODBCdirect.
4) DAO/Jet system files version problems.

Regards

Uwe Grensing

Wed, 28 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Reliability and Stability of Jet/DAO

Hi,

You can't use Jet with Novell, if you put Jet database on Novell file server and
you are runing Win95,
ready to repaire your database! problem is Jet has too many locks on file when
it updates database,
and also Win95 netware client has too many problems.

Xu Yifeng

Quote:

> Hello!

> I have a MFC application that is currently tested with some customers. I
> have the option to run it with ODBCdirect on a Database Server (let's say
> SQL-Server or Oracle or something like that) or to run it over DAO/Jet on a
> Novell File-Server.

> Generally, I would say from a certain number of users / amount of data /
> number of transactions I would prefer the client/server solution, whereas in
> small environments (2-5 users) I would prefer the Jet-solution.

> But during testing, we are getting from time to time spurious stability
> problems that cannot be traced back to the application.

> Has anyone of you some experience what can lead to problems in using
> DAO/Jet:

> 1) Running Multi-User on a Novell Net (Netware 3.12)
> 2) General Jet Stability
> 3) DAO-Jet vs. DAO/ODBCdirect.
> 4) DAO/Jet system files version problems.

> Regards

> Uwe Grensing

Sat, 01 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. I bet no one knows why JNI call to a Jet/DAO DLL hangs

2. Unable to initialize DAO/Jet DB

3. I get error: Unable to Initialize DAO / Jet DB

4. Explain DAO & Jet Operation

5. **** Jet/DAO Initialization Help Needed ****

6. can't ini dao/jet

7. Bulk loading data using DAO/JET

8. Jet/DAO and multiuser applications

9. "Unable to initialize DAO/Jet engine"

10. DAO/JET 16BIT Visual C

11. DAO/Jet engine redistributable files

12. DAO/Jet engine redistributable files