ISAPI + ODBC
Author Message
 ISAPI + ODBC

Hi,
I am trying to open an ODBC connection from within an ISAPI Filter.
This is the code I am using.

CDatabase   *pDb=NULL;
CString          strConnect = _T("ODBC;DSN=TestDBAccess;UID=;PWD=;");

pDb = new CDatabase();
lock.Lock();
if ( !pDb->OpenEx(strConnect, CDatabase::noOdbcDialog |
CDatabase::useCursorLib))
{
  Debug("Database open failed.\n.");
  delete pDb;
  return -1;

Quote:
}

else
  Debug("Database open OK.\n.");
lock.Unlock();

The problem I am having is that this crashes the filter DLL and IIS when
restarting the WWW publishing service, only if the DSN exists.

Is it ok to open a ODBC connection from a filetr DLL.

Thanks for your time.

TerryS

Sun, 28 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help: ISAPI, ODBC and Oracle

2. ISAPI/ODBC // W2K-Pro/AdvSvr

3. ISAPI/ODBC // W2K-Pro/AdvSvr

4. Help: ISAPI, ODBC and Oracle

5. Help: Deadlocks using SQL ODBC driver in ISAPI

6. Non-MFC ISAPI extension and ODBC?

7. Non-MFC ISAPI extension and ODBC?

8. isapi extension odbc try/catch IIS NT no workee-workee

9. Network access problem from ISAPI with ODBC

10. Using ODBC inside an ISAPI-Extension (VC5)

11. CRecordset / ISAPI Extension / Browser / ODBC-Oracle == SLOW

12. Using an ODBC data source in ISAPI extension