Can't update my SQL-database
Author Message
 Can't update my SQL-database

Hey,

I'm using VC++ 5.0 and MSSQL 6.5,

I'm developing a intranet application that will look for records in a
SQL-database.
I have done the part where you can search through the database and get
the results
in your browser. Now its time to do the part where I can change the
field in my records.

I'm using ODBC calls and I have made a CRecordset.

When I'm trying to use the function Edit(),  I get a exception that say
'Recordset is
readonly',  why ??

I have looked at my permissions in the SQL-server and they are set so I
can change the
database.

If you have any clu what this problem is, please help me !!!

Please also email the answer to me...

Best Regards
Marcus Nilsson

homepage:www.mpe.se

Mon, 18 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Can't update my SQL-database

I believe CRecordset is 'Read only'.

In any event try using an update SQL statement

--
Pete

Quote:
> Hey,

> I'm using VC++ 5.0 and MSSQL 6.5,

> I'm using ODBC calls and I have made a CRecordset.

> When I'm trying to use the function Edit(),  I get a exception that say
> 'Recordset is
> readonly',  why ??

Tue, 19 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Can't update my SQL-database

I think you are opening recordset as readonly.

Harish

Quote:

>Hey,

>I'm using VC++ 5.0 and MSSQL 6.5,

>I'm developing a intranet application that will look for records in a
>SQL-database.
>I have done the part where you can search through the database and get
>the results
>in your browser. Now its time to do the part where I can change the
>field in my records.

>I'm using ODBC calls and I have made a CRecordset.

>When I'm trying to use the function Edit(),  I get a exception that say
>'Recordset is
>readonly',  why ??

>I have looked at my permissions in the SQL-server and they are set so I
>can change the
>database.

>If you have any clu what this problem is, please help me !!!

>Please also email the answer to me...

>Best Regards
>Marcus Nilsson

>homepage:www.mpe.se

Fri, 22 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Can't update my SQL-database

2. SQL/VC++ Updates: Can't update recordset

3. HELP...SQL bulk update from dataset to database

4. Changing textbox.text for bound textbox doesn't update database

5. Database Isn't Updating Right Away

6. Database Isn't Being Updated Right Away

7. Update SQL query in Crystal report

8. Update SQL query in Crystal report

9. Error updating SQL-Server record via ODBC (CRecordset)

10. ADO Update very slow against SQL Server 6.5

11. Updating records in a recordset defined by an SQL join

12. SQL Text?!?! How to update with VC++